Photo
- - - - -

How do I hide the page title on one page only?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kimmdesign

kimmdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

How do I hide the page title on one page only, when I have checked the box for "automatically show page titles"?

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

You will have to use a wordpress 'filter'. something like:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

There's also 2 more ways of doing this. 1. If you don't have a lot of pages, turn the titles off by default. Then, on each page put

My Page Title

to bring in a page title. 2. Each page in Wordpress will produce a specific CSS class like .post-35, or .post-245. They are completely random and generated on the fly. You can then use this CSS class to make changes on a per page basis. In your case, to hide titles per page. Actually Wordpress operates like this with anything; pages, categories, taxonomies, author, etc. Really powerful. So, without having a URL I can't tell you which class to use, but if you view your source code, at the top within you'll see it. For example: If you visit the "Tour" page at

, and view the source code of the site, you'll see that the page has a css class of .page-id-3845

You can then use something like this to remove that pages title (if it had one). .page-id-3845 h2 {display:none;} That CSS snip above you would paste in your Custom CSS box located in PageLines===>Custom Code. Let us know if that's any easier for you. Nick

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Did Nick's solution work for you?