Photo
- - - - -

frame for individual widgets in same sidebar / widget-frame visible even if the widget is not shown

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi again, now that I achieved to add the border to my widget I realized another problem with that solution... The widget should not be shown on two pages, but on these pages I now see an empty frame, where the widget is supposed to be??¦ What do I have to do, to suppress this? Link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And another problem: I wanted to use two separate boxes in the side column, but when I add another widget to the primary sidebar, than both widgets are wrapped in one border. Can I separate them somehow, or do I have to go for the secondary sidebar and then add the second widget in there? Thanks in advance Christiane

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi Christiane,

The reason for this is that your have added the CSS to the #sidebar-wrap this is why even though you have no active widgets the frame is still visible. What you will need to do is identify the specific ID or Class for the widgets.

Check out my last post on your other topic as a example:

You simply need to do this for all widgets or add the CSS to the

#3 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Ok, this worked beautifully. I now have two separate widgets with a frame each. I tried to put a space between the two by changing the padding, but the padding seems just to affect the inner part of the widget. What is needed to separate the two widgets?Besides I wanted to decrease the space between headline and text inside the widget, but again me playing with the padding did not work out. It would be wonderful if you could help me here - thanks!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

I just tried to visit your site and received an Internal Server Error.

#5 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ups, I redirected my domain to the folder, where the new website is located. When I check right after doing so, everything looked ok - now all of it is a mess??¦ I have to sort that out, supposedly even with my provider, I will come back to you with the correct link as soon as I'll have fixed the problem...

#6 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

ok, it seems to work again and the before mentioned links should work - sorry for the mix-up

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

No problem. I'm happy it's working now.

#8 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

just to prevent a misunderstanding: my website can be reached again, but my problem regarding the widgets is still not fixed...

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Have you visit PageLines -> Settings -> Website Setup and checked Remove Default Sidebars When Empty ?

#10 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yes, this setting is set??¦ A short summary of what my problem actually is: 1) I want to add multiple widgets in the primary sidebar. Each widget should have it's own frame and the widgets should have a space between them. Current optics under

2) inside the widget I would like to have less space between headline and text and text and bottom border I played with the paddings in the widget but achieved no effect...

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

What CSS are you using to try to achieve what you're looking for?

#12 christianemohr

christianemohr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

last I worked with #sidebar-wrap .textwidget { margin: 0.6em 0; } I tried a lot different selectors, that I got out of firebug. But in the end, none of it even made a difference in the widget text. About the space between the two widgets in my primary nav: For the moment I will just remove the second widget box as I don't need it right at the start, so I did not bother to fix that problem being as unsuccessful with the one that looked ways simpler to me ;-)

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I found this with Firebug:

I changed it to:

That put a distance above and below, so it should separate the text widgets.