Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Google fonts not working in Chrome (googles browser)


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 davemoppert

davemoppert

    Super Member

  • Members

  • 141 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am using the Google Fonts plugin from the Pagelines store for custom fonts on my website. Unfortunately, the fonts I have chosen for my website display weird on Google Chrome browser... interesting since both google fonts and google browser are... google. Anyway, wondering if there is a setup step that I missed or something. Please help.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

    Unicorn Wrangler

  • Members

  • 1219 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hey Dave! Nice site! Love it! So I checked things out in FF and Chrome and can't spot anything out of the ordinary. What type of problems are you seeing? Sweet! Nick

#3 davemoppert

davemoppert

    Super Member

  • Members

  • 141 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

All of the text displays weird in google chrome. Here is a screen shot.

Posted Image

Notice the [A] all over the place? Also the fonts in the nav are all wonky.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

    Messer

  • Administrators



  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Looks fine in 18.0.1025.151 beta (chrome osx) and FF 11

#5 davemoppert

davemoppert

    Super Member

  • Members

  • 141 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

It's weird... cause I am looking at it in the same version of Chrome 18.0.1025.151 and I get the weird fonts.

#6 Danny

Danny

    Is Awesome!

  • Moderators
  • 15217 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hi Dave, I am seeing the fonts correctly also, are you using Windows or OSX?

#7 davemoppert

davemoppert

    Super Member

  • Members

  • 141 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

On a Mac. 10.7.3 I upgraded the browser from 18.0.1025.151 beta to 18.0.1025.162 and now it works... It's just weird that Simon was on the same browser as me before I upgraded and everything looked good to him.

#8 Jenny

Jenny

    Advocate

  • Unicorn Store Dev

  • 2924 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Glad things look better now @davemoppert. Like your site too! if you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

#9 davemoppert

davemoppert

    Super Member

  • Members

  • 141 posts
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

I found out that the problem was with Font Explorer X Pro (a program to manage my fonts). Turns out if I have the font activated on my computer, every character will display as I mentioned [A].