Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Google fonts not working in Chrome (googles browser)

Question

Posted · Report post

I am using the Google Fonts plugin from the Pagelines store for custom fonts on my website. Unfortunately, the fonts I have chosen for my website display weird on Google Chrome browser... interesting since both google fonts and google browser are... google. Anyway, wondering if there is a setup step that I missed or something. Please help.

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hey Dave! Nice site! Love it! So I checked things out in FF and Chrome and can't spot anything out of the ordinary. What type of problems are you seeing? Sweet! Nick

Posted · Report post

All of the text displays weird in google chrome. Here is a screen shot. [img]http://epicgeniusmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/epicscreen-660x515.png[/img] Notice the [A] all over the place? Also the fonts in the nav are all wonky.

Posted · Report post

Looks fine in 18.0.1025.151 beta (chrome osx) and FF 11

Posted · Report post

It's weird... cause I am looking at it in the same version of Chrome 18.0.1025.151 and I get the weird fonts.

Posted · Report post

Hi Dave, I am seeing the fonts correctly also, are you using Windows or OSX?

Posted · Report post

On a Mac. 10.7.3 I upgraded the browser from 18.0.1025.151 beta to 18.0.1025.162 and now it works... It's just weird that Simon was on the same browser as me before I upgraded and everything looked good to him.

Posted · Report post

Glad things look better now @davemoppert. Like your site too! if you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

I found out that the problem was with Font Explorer X Pro (a program to manage my fonts). Turns out if I have the font activated on my computer, every character will display as I mentioned [A].