Photo
- - - - -

Matching bbPress Forum Plugin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

Does anyone here (or this site?) use bbPress? I prefer phpBB but it has been hell to work with for integration.

#2 davidzatzcom

davidzatzcom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

I'm thinking about it, but I was concerned about the hassle of hacking the theme to match.

#3 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

I suspect this forum is bbPress, and I also am very interested in integrating it into a site.

#4 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

I just installed it and it seems to be easier to style than phpBB. I may have lost all the old phpBB posts but I think this option is easier to admin and possibly safer. ! Where can I get a WHPro theme for bbPress now?

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ok, so here's the lowdown.

We are launching forum addons for each of the three themes.

It will be based in BBPress and will function much like this forum.

We will launch it starting with iBlogPro next week, and then launch in the following weeks with WhiteHousePro and StationPro.

The forum plugin fit perfectly into your theme and fully integrate with your WP users :)
You can get it for $50 with PayPal.

As customers, your input would be great.
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

If you have specific questions please email/contact us directly.

#6 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

Great! This is very good news! Will buy it to evaluate, for sure!

#7 davidzatzcom

davidzatzcom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Well, if it fits in perfectly with WHPro, its worth a buy. The look of this forum, though, is nice... but I don't think it'll scale to a LOT of uses and topics. Please make sure you take into account the need to be able to easily locate/navigate a lot of topics and users. WP.org does this quite well, so if you keep that in mind, you've got a no-brainer add-on. One other note: $50 for the add-on seems somewhat steep, but you make up for it by your helpful support on these boards. There've been a few places I was somewhat annoyed by flaws in WHPro, but your responsiveness here has made me feel good about the purchase (when you're doing a nonprofit, every purchase needs justifying). What I'm saying is these boards and your responsiveness is the value add that makes your product quite worthwhile.

#8 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

I think I have mine integrated now but I need to make the forums header and look match the WP WHPro pages.

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

Here is a screenshot of the upcoming iBlogPro BBPress Plugin:

Posted Image

#10 london-muscle

london-muscle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

I cant wait for this forum plug in! I hate the current plugin I have so have put the forum on the back burner till the new theme is done and $50 is a bargain works out like ??28 for me which is well about as much as a meal out for one. so my girlfriend will just have to go without eating next time we go out to make up :-)

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

. so my girlfriend will just have to go without eating next time we go out to make up

hahaha..

#12 london-muscle

london-muscle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Andrew, Any news on the station pro forum?? ive just made all my site changes live and now score a cracking 94/100 on website grader for my site which is fantastic but I really need to get this forum onto the blog site so I can start getting some visitors in and on it and get some conversation buzzing around my business. Thanks mate, Ps. The girlfriend is starving as im trying to pay for this forum and a link building campaign lol

#13 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

Just set up the demo on both the other themes:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Should finish this up soon.

#14 london-muscle

london-muscle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

Looks proper that does!!! ive just had some problems with my web designers and they have changed some security settings as things keep getting hacked, now they have changed things its knocked out my wordpress and sent me back to default which sucks big time but should be sorted this week. will look forward to uploading the forum

#15 london-muscle

london-muscle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

For the record my girlfriend paid for dinner last night when we went out so ive had a right result, getting my forum and got dinner :-) plus she didnt starve!