Template 101

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xperia

xperia

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hello, is there any working base template (not the blank one) so i can see how you guys create a template, coz at the moment i only able to use css override through setting panel... really want to create different layout with pagelines.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hello,

To add a new template with drag and drop functionality, simply follow the instructions below.

1. Create a File called page.[page-id].php to this folder, i.e. page.homepage.php

2. In the new file add the following code:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Change Custom Page to whatever you want to call your template and then upload the new template to either your Child themes folder or if you're using the PageLines Customisation plug-in, upload the template file to the PageLines Customisation folder.

3. Thats it! We do the rest for you! If you go to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates, your newly created template should be visible and ready to use!!!

#3 xperia

xperia

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

doesh child theme in pagelines is the same as child theme for wordpress in general ?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi, I'm not quite sure what you're referring too, would it be possible to reply and go into greater detail please.

#5 xperia

xperia

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

i don't familiar with child themes yet, i usually use pagelines customize plugin to modify things

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi Xperia, Do as I suggested above to create a custom page template but instead of following my instructions on uploading it to your child theme, upload the custom page template you created to the PageLines Customisation plug-in folder instead.