Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

splash page - alternative main logo image

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'm working around the splash page. I'd like to use an alternative main logo image to the default one. How to do it? Thanks.

35 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yes Danny, something like that. Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Hi @oinegue1960. I'm not sure what @Danny used (his graphic is great!) but he may have put something like the "content box" with the feature slider. Then you could use CSS and float:left the content box and float:right the feature.

Posted · Report post

Hi Jenny. I already tried to float both and they correctly moved to opposite sides but as I wrote the upper push down the lower as both are 'full-width'. Of course it's possible I wrong the script... or I customized the wrong CSS item... unfortunately I'm very 'green' on CSSing.

Posted · Report post

What CSS code do you have?

Posted · Report post

Catrina, do you like to see me as... 'naked'? ;) I know that it's like to the 'doctor visit' here... but I'm a bit 'ashamed' to show my horrible codes... please don't be 'rude'. [code].page-id-494 #feature-area .content { margin: 0 auto; position: relative; width: 50%; } .page-id-494 #feature-area { width: 50%; float: right; } .page-id-494 #feature-footer { position: relative; float: right; width: 50%; z-index: 100; } .page-id-494 #contentbox .content { float: left; margin-left: 0; width: 40%; } .page-id-494 .cb-standard { width: 50%; margin-top: 100px; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

To bring the left content area up so that it's lined up with your feature, you may need to play around with the top margin property in the CSS by using a negative value since the default margin value is 0px (for reference: http://w3schools.com/css/css_margin.asp).

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina. As you can see I worked around the default values of several items, and I'm not sure if I did it properly. What are the correct CSS items I would to play around and I what I would have to restore to default values?

Posted · Report post

This is the CSS you'd need to play around with to move the content box around: [code].page-id-494 #contentbox .content { float: left; margin-left: 0; width: 40%;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Thank you Catrina, by your useful help I have the layout I desire now. As you wrote the 'trick' is to give a negative value to 'margin-top'. That way both elements will stay on the same line at opposite sides. (need to reduce both width to 50%) For other users this is the CSS code: [code].page-id-494 #feature_slider { float: right; margin-top: 150px; margin-right: 0; overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 50%; z-index: 0; } .page-id-494 #contentbox .content { float: left; margin-top: -400px; padding-left: 10%; width: 50%; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

You're welcome :)