3 replies to this topic

#1 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

i d like my my custom post type archive page to show only photo and title,
Unfortunatelly Pageline settings in Blog and Posts sections are applying not only to blog but also to all custom post types i have, more control is needed here...

Post Thumbnail Placement should display
Posts/Blog Page
Single Post Pages
Search Results
Category Lists
Post Archives
In Post Clips (Magazine Mode)
CUSTOM POST TYPE 1
CUSTOM POST TYPE 2

so i could deicde whether show or not thumbnail here and there
also metabar might be more flexible for diferent post types. some post types like book s doesn t need author or comments.

maybe any temporal hook?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

In the settings, you can only either hide the metabar or allow it to display. A hook would be used to add content (whether it's an image or text) in a certain part of the layout, but not change anything. I think you'll need to make a fix in the code for the custom post type archive, but I'm not an experienced enough web designer/developer to know exactly what needs to be done. You may want to look into tutorials and WordPress support topics about custom post type archives.

#3 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

i have looked and didn t find anything, so maybe your pagelines should start suporting custom post types, as it is very popular wordpress feature nowdays.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

In a weekly report I can add a request for more control over custom post types when it comes to Blog and Posts settings. CPTs are supported, but the more nuanced control isn't there.