• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 freedoms

freedoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have set to show only 1 post per page in the reading setting I still see 2 posts when I visit my site How to restore to 1 post per page

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Did this suddenly start happening or has this been occurring since you started building your site? Try activating another theme on your site (like Twenty Eleven) to see if the problem persists. If it does, then I don't think it's related to the PageLines Lite theme. Also, it is strange because I go to your previous posts and there is only one post showing per page.

#3 freedoms

freedoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

It happen on the home page only and I can add in some script. But I cannot add this script or where can I add them? 1. Go to Appearance??“> Editor, and from the right side menu, open the Main Index template. This could also be named Homepage. 2. At the top of the file, locate the following line of code: 3. Directly above that code, paste the following snippet: $sticky, 'caller_get_posts' => 1 ) ); ?>

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm slightly confused as to what you're trying to achieve. In addition to solving the 2-post issue, you'd like to add this code?

#5 freedoms

freedoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

I am sorry that I confused you. I am adding this code to get the 1 post issue in other theme that I am using. Do not know where to add these in the pagelines template?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi, You add this code to your functions.php file. If you're going to be adding custom code like this, I recommend you use either the PageLines Framework Base Child theme or the PageLines Customisation plug-in both available from the Store. Adding custom code to PageLines Framework functions.php will most likely break your website. However, adding your code to the base child theme or the customisation plug-in will not break you website. Base Child Theme (For Developers to create new child themes). Download and Activate Instructions: To get the Base child theme, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard --> PageLines --> Store --> Themes --> Add Themes --> Top Free --> Base Theme --> Install Pagelines Customize Plug-in (This contains style.css and functions.php, just like a child theme.) Download and Activate Instructions: To get the Pagelines Customize Plugin, login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard --> PageLines --> Store --> Plug-ins --> Add Plug-ins --> Top Free --> Pagelines Customize Plugin --> Install--> Activate. Once activated you can find the style.css and functions.php files in: wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/

#7 freedoms

freedoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I have install the base theme, Where can I go to paste these codes I want to include in? I have the following error when I used the pagelines customize plugin "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/buybaths/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php on line 55" how do I resolve that

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi, Did you add some custom to the functions.php file from PageLines Customisation plug-in ? If so simply remove any custom code (you can do this via FTP client) and once removed the error should be gone.

#9 freedoms

freedoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes, I have restored my site by removing the plug in. So is this a way to show only one post on my home page? Currently it is showing two posts on my main domain http://buybathsaltsonlines.com/ which my visitors land most of the time? If there is a solution, what should I do

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

If the two posts are still showing on your main domain, removing the plugin wasn't the solution. Were there any customizations you made to any files?