Speeding up Pagelines Help with combining Javascript files

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've been using Pingdom.com to test loading speed for pageline websites I build. The attached image is a report. Can anyone help? pingdom.gif

Posted · Report post

There are plugins that can concatenate javascript files, but they can also break the js, its up to you.

Posted · Report post

isn t it simpler to optimize the code instead of using minify plugins? Indeed all the plugins i tried breaks the page.

I don t know much about coding, but what is the reason of keeping .js in so many separate files? Can you consider to combine it in future realeses for optimization purposes?

Posted · Report post

The thing people forget about these speed test sites is that they are not real world situations.

As a USER the person would visit your site, the browser would download all images, css and js. Then every page the user loads on your site NONE of those resourses need to ever download again, the browser caches them all.

If we ( PageLines ) combined all the js for the framework and every 3rd party addon the js file would be huge. Thats why individual files are used and only loaded when needed.

Posted · Report post

Ok, thank you Simon. I was thinking only about combining those 3 or 4 pagelines js, not mentioned about 3rd part js.

Posted · Report post

Well yea, out of the 4 PL js files in your screengrab, 3 of them are from sections. They are only loaded if the section is on the page.