5 replies to this topic

#1 kennyb

kennyb

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Framework Version:2.5

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I've been using Pingdom.com to test loading speed for pageline websites I build. The attached image is a report. Can anyone help?

Posted Image

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

There are plugins that can concatenate javascript files, but they can also break the js, its up to you.

#3 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

isn t it simpler to optimize the code instead of using minify plugins? Indeed all the plugins i tried breaks the page.

I don t know much about coding, but what is the reason of keeping .js in so many separate files? Can you consider to combine it in future realeses for optimization purposes?

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

The thing people forget about these speed test sites is that they are not real world situations.

As a USER the person would visit your site, the browser would download all images, css and js. Then every page the user loads on your site NONE of those resourses need to ever download again, the browser caches them all.

If we ( PageLines ) combined all the js for the framework and every 3rd party addon the js file would be huge. Thats why individual files are used and only loaded when needed.

#5 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ok, thank you Simon. I was thinking only about combining those 3 or 4 pagelines js, not mentioned about 3rd part js.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well yea, out of the 4 PL js files in your screengrab, 3 of them are from sections. They are only loaded if the section is on the page.