• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cmg1492

cmg1492

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi All,
I want to change the active state of the Feature thumbnails to show a similar image to the non-active state, but a different color going along the lines of a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

from w3schools.com. I have an image for each thumbnail that contains the active and non-active states uploaded for each feature slide. I need a way to show one part of the image when a thumb is active, and the other part when it is not active. You'll see half of the top and half of the bottom when you go to the page.
Here is related discussion from a year ago:

I want the same outcome, but since it has been over a year since that discussion, this doesn't quite work. As pointed out, this isn't an easy Firebug and CSS fix (at least, I don't think it is, I've been playing for the past couple days).
I am using a Base Theme with the PageLines Developer Edition if that info. is helpful.
The url is:

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
-Scott

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Scott, I was able to find the CSS for the feature slider's thumbs using Firebug. I just don't know if you can create the effect you're looking for by CSS alone or how you'd apply the Sprite model. I imagine you can somehow apply the Sprite CSS to indicate which section of the image is viewed but, the system currently only allows 30px high by 50px wide images. If you upload, let's say, a 60x50px image, I think the system is designed to reject it. I could of course be wrong and haven't tested that. Something tells me this would take changing some of the core values of the slider, which we can't do via the forum. Either way, this is an intense customization that would really take the skillset of one of our Pros. They have more development expertise than we do in the forum. I'd suggest contacting them for a quote:

Please reference this topic too.

#3 cmg1492

cmg1492

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks, @rangelone, I think you're right. I don't think it's an easy fix with CSS. I'll leave this discussion open until Monday just in case someone knows of something. Then I may try the Pros.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Happy Holidays. Have a great weekend. Perhaps one of my colleagues has more insight into this, so that's a good idea.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Hi, I am unable to see how this would be possible with just CSS. Therefore, you will need to contact on the of the PageLines Pros.