Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trying to add morefoot to content area

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi. I'm trying really hard to add morefoot to the Page Templates section . I've tried creating a child section and adding in a 'workswith' line, but it doesn't seem to work.

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I added this to the morefoot section: 'workswith' => array('header','morefoot','page templates')

Posted · Report post

[s]please explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve. Pagelines has a morefoot area, where you can add content by drag and drop. Though I don't really understand what u are trying to add where...[/s] EDIT: Now I understand what you want, though I don't know if that is actually possible. A PL supporter will come along shortly, and he/she will have a greater insight in hooks..

Posted · Report post

Is there a reason why you want the morefoot as part of the page content area? Why can't you just move the sections that you have in the morefoot area into the applicable content areas?

Posted · Report post

Hey. Well. Here is what I'm trying to achieve. [img]https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=d3e9c48d9e&view=att&th=1367563f408733da&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h01udifi1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8mMrf63Sz97-XQEVAJeCmo&sadet=1333725928119&sads=V_ci-EtzswpZHq7NBT3LEjuwf9I[/img]

Posted · Report post

So . That's why i wanted the morefoot right underneath the feature slider. Then I wanted to add a content area with a right sidebar so that the featured news could go in the content area and i could put the login for mydhoonya and find a training in the right sidebar. But I can't seem to find a way to make this work.

Posted · Report post

thanks for all your help!

Posted · Report post

Did you find a solution?

Posted · Report post

noo not yet.. i'd love some help .

Posted · Report post

The image you provided doesn't actually seem to work. You may have provided the wrong link. That seems to be a secure link in Google and your site is in Maintenance Mode. To make a long story short, the Morefoot doesn't go in the Page Templates. You're trying to fit a large square peg in a small round hole. In essence, the effect of the Morefoot is to create a three column sidebar into which you can place widgets. I don't think this is possible in the Page Templates at all. However, you have various options. First, the Universal Sidebar, in which you may place three widgets then position them each with CSS. If the content is text or possibly available by shortcode, then boxes would be more applicable.

Posted · Report post

Hey! Well. Boxes could work. Can we add videos to boxes?

Posted · Report post

I tried to use css with the universal sidebar. I tried: ul#list_sb_universal.sidebar_widgets.fix{display:inline;} or ul#list_sb_universal.sidebar_widgets.fix{display:inline-block;} But it's not working .

Posted · Report post

You should be able to add videos to boxes. For your CSS above, you need a space before your .'s. I don't know what you're trying to do so I can't help you with the logistics of the code.

Posted · Report post

hmm. so you're saying: ul#list_sb_universal. sidebar_widgets.fix{display:inline-block;} ?

Posted · Report post

You would need a space before the .fix too (which probably isn't even needed), but like I said, I cannot check the validity of your code without a link. So while the syntax may be valid, I don't know if the code will work.

Posted · Report post

Hey! I used boxes! We can close this!