f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationInverness Florida

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

On the home page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have the kenburner slider and then a content box. I want to reduce the space at the top of the content box before the text starts. And or the padding under the Slider. I have spent some time in firebug but I can't seem to find the right padding or margin to change. Also I want to close up the space between my logo-tagline and the menu bar at the top in the header. Any suggestions? Please don't tell me to watch the firebug video and go to W3 for CSS training. I have done that and made a bunch of changes but these and few others are defeating me. Please see my request for a hour or two session with someone to better learn firebug and get a few things tweaked. I am willing to pay.

#2 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I dont really know what u want with firebug, except analyizing what's what.
So, for your solution:

These two lines should have the desired effect, though it will remove padding from all sides. If you just want it on the bottom or top, then write padding-bottom: or padding-top:

#3 f451

f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I added both of these to my "pagelines-customize/style.css" They helped but what I am trying to change is the space above first line "At Planet Stewards, we??™re a tribal circle of green-tech revolutionaries. Every month, we??™ll be bringing you the" By the way thanks for the great help. I will expect you.

#4 f451

f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

How about the space under the logo between it and the menu bar?

#5 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

:D love your last line... Unfortionately your site is not available at the moment, but I'll check back with you tomorrow.. If you are trying it on your own, use firebug, to see between which 2 elements the space is that you need to remove. Then remove the padding from the outer one. If there is still space left, U probably have to remove a margin from the inner one as well.
EDIT: You misspelled one of your links, the otherone works fine, let me check it out for you.
EDIT2:

This will take care of the space above (around) the text.

this will take care of the space around the header...

#6 f451

f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

That did it. You da man. Well who knows what gender.