Why is wordpress posts table increasing in size

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glcadmin

glcadmin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

This is an odd one. I was trying to find a plugin that would allow me to show certain categories on the front page so I installed "frontpage category filter" and it did the trick. this was the last plugin I installed. Then I had an issue with the database and had to insert a line in the table. As I was trying to do this I kept getting an error that there was already information for the particular meta id I was inserting. I find out that then table is growing and had 9000+ entries. Compared to 6000 or so thousand It had before i started. In any case, I deactivated all the plugins and it seems to have stopped. Does anyone have any ideas how this might have happened? and is there any way to fix it since this was the plugin recommended by this forum?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

I think another customer had this problem before but I'm not certain if it was caused by the plugin you mentioned. I tried searching for the topic on the forum but it didn't show up. Have you tried deactivating one plugin at a time to see if there was any one plugin that was conflicting with Frontpage Category Filter?

#3 glcadmin

glcadmin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Yup, I am looking into it right now. Will let you know when I get to the bottom of things. First things first though, fixing the database:)

#4 glcadmin

glcadmin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have chosen not to use the frontpage category filter plugin. Trying to trouble shoot it would add hundreds of posts automatically and with 20+ plugins by the time I deactivate each plugin I might have several hundreds of posts to delete. PITA in my opinion. Looking for an alternative plugin. Unfortunately wordpress makes it hard to find a plugin that is up to date. Are ther any sites that will allow you to filter plugins?

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Probably easier to use a filter

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content