• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 questie

questie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Is there a way to make the Brand Nav appear next to the search box in the branding section? I was able to move the Search Bar but cannot make the branding nav appear.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

I don't know how to move the Brand Nav there. I see you have Navigation present. Do you have BrandNav located in the header? Or are you referring to Navigation as BrandNav?

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

The BrandNav doesn't have a search bar. I understand that the BrandNav section will include a small logo and the menu, but no search. Unfortunately, I don't see a method of putting it there properly without creating a conflict.

#4 questie

questie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

So there's no way to use Hooks to put in links in the Branding Section? I was able to move the search bar and notice that it expands width when mouseover. Is that the conflict you are referring to?

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi @questie. I can't tell from looking at your site if there will be enough room to have a search bar up there or not, but you can try using a hook. To see the list of available hooks, just install/activate the Action Map plugin from the PageLines Store. You will be able to see the hooks live on your site (just turn it on in the admin bar at the top of your live site). You should be able to use pagelines_inside_bottom_brandnav or pagelines_after_brandnav. Place the hook code in the functions.php file of either PageLines Customize plugin or Base Theme (do not add code to core files). There should be a sample hook in either file.

#6 poseyg

poseyg

Advanced Member

• Members

• 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Questie, You can move the search bar up into the brandnav area with: #brandnav .brandnav-nav { float: right; margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 185px; } .searchform { top: -135px; right: 55px; } You may want to adjust the brandnav and searchform numbers to make everything line up correctly.

#7 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Took poseyg's advive above and copy/pasted into the functions.php file through Pagelines Customize plugin and now get the following on screen: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/content/68/9162868/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/functions.php on line 24 Now my site is down and I am not able to log into admin - thanks!

#8 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

@bstaikos: Best practice is to always (always always) make a copy of any core file before editing it. Have you made any changes to functions.php otherwise? If not, you can upload an "original" in order to get your site back online. And...... @poseyg's code is for placement in your site's stylesheet not functions.php. So... you need to get that functions.php restored. This is a 2 step process: Hook in functions.php CSS in your custom stylesheet Get it? PS Backup backup backup

#9 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

All set. Went into database and removed from functions.php. New at this, so appreciate your help! :)>-

#10 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

@WebWerx, would you be kind enough to provide the hook for the functions.php file?

#11 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

@bstaikos: I kinda lost track of things here as when I looked at the site I see 2 NAVs up top and no Search bar. Where are you with this?

#12 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

@WebWerx, sorry, things on my end got away from me too! Still have not done the above, but will try again this weeked. Learning curve has been a bit steep given my time committment to it, but starting to get more comfortable.