My boxes (created by CSS) are being ignored on my webpage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monirz77

monirz77

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hey there, I'm so embarassed to put this question on the forum, I think this seems so trivial, I emailed Danny and he suggested to post this on the Forum as he can't answer custom CSS questions. I created a customized box on my "About Me" page, using a div class but the boxes are cut off. I know you would need the site, I will email it to you privately since it's not ready for sharing yet. It used to show ok, then I made some changes (which I don't remember) and now the box is cut off. Whether I put my css codes on Customs-CSS or on the .html page itself of "About Me" it still would get cut off. I'd appreciate any help.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Umm, really hard to help without a screenshot or something. There isn't any problems with sharing your site here, we're all trying to learn. We're here to help.

#3 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Send us the page

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi monirz77, Everyone on the PageLines forums are quite helpful and would respect your privacy. However, if you're worried about linking your website, incase it's a client website and don't won't Google etc... picking it up. Use a service like Bit.ly or something similar, this will hide your websites URL. Alternatively, simply provide screenshots and we will happily assist you.

#5 monirz77

monirz77

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I really would not want to share this publicly yet, but here it is... If you take a look at this page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I put a div class on the bottom 2 boxes and the other box is cut off. Behind this bigger box (to the left) are the sharing buttons. It used to show ok, then I made some changes (which I don't remember) and now the box is cut off. Whether I put my css codes on Customs-CSS or on the .html page itself of "About Me" it still would get cut off. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I've seen it and clearly the bottom of the left box is falling behind the footer area. However, I'm unclear why you elected to use CSS to create the boxes rather than using our boxes, soap boxes or even the Boxer plugin? Any of those three options would allow you to create styling within the boxes, backgrounds, etc. Could you possibly switch over to one of those options?

#7 monirz77

monirz77

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

I did try but I guess I'm not trying hard on learning how to use it. I'll give that a try. Thank you so much.