• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Try the following steps: 1. Create your main menu under Appearence > Menu and assign it to the brandnav Create your "fake menu" with all the links you want to display in the bar under the brandnav and assign it to the Primary Navigation Menu 2. Add the Brandnav section and the Navigation section to the header. Brandnav first. Now you should have almost what you want, just with too many links in the navigation (you only want 1 displayed as "Title of the page") 3. Now hide all those navigation points you don't want to be displayed with the method I stated earlier. You'll have to fill in your page ids and your menu ids instead of mine. That should basically be it. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask. (Don't worry about styling and alignment, just get the functionality first.)

#22 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks a lot gyoery, it works!
Although either brandanv or nav share the same menu contents they seem to keep its own styling properties and that would let me to display different looks for each section.
Now I'll work around styling and alignment and where I would get some difficulty I'll open a new thread.

#23 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

ur wellcome... though I just realized, you don't really need to have 2 separate menus, if u have the same content in them. But its ok, if u already have it. To explain why it keeps the styling: When you say: ".blog #nav .menu-item-378" you are basically saying: Get me the menu-item-378 which is in the #nav (not #brandnav), which is in the .blog page. This makes sure you can style every element for every page separately.

#24 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'm getting some styling problem. I need to open a new thread or I can continue this post? Thanks

#25 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

open a new one, as this is marked accepted it won't get as many views...