13 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hi, one of my client's blogs has stopped working correctly. When I go to the blog at http://www.thepilatesbiz.com/blog and go to the bottom and click to go to the next page, it's going to "/blog/page/2/" but it's loading the exact same posts. Same thing with page 3, 4, etc.

I tried changing around the code in the file "template.postloop.php" based on my research on different recommendations from this forum and the Wordpress support forums but I could not get it to work.

Here's the current code at the top:

global $pagelines_layout;
	        global $post;
	        global $wp_query;

$count = 1;  // Used to get the number of the post as we loop through them.
	        $clipcount = 2; // The number of clips in a row

$post_count = $wp_query->post_count;  // Used to prevent markup issues when there aren't an even # of posts.
	        $paged = intval(get_query_var('paged')); // Control output if on a paginated page
	        if(is_admin()) query_posts('showposts=1'); // For parsing in admin, no posts so set it to one.

What do I need to change or add in order to make it go to the next page when I click on the next page link in the lower Pagination?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Did the blog stop working correctly after a certain plugin was installed or updated? What are your permalinks settings in Settings > Reading?

#3 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

It could be a plugin they added - I suppose I can go through and deactivate them all and start reactivating them one by one. I was hoping it was an easier fix though :) The permalinks are set to /%category%/%postname%/ For the "Settings > Reading" settings - which settings will be helpful to know? It's set to show "Front Page: Home", "Posts Page: Blog", show 10 posts, and show full text.

#4 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Quick update - I deactivated ALL plugins and it's still happening, so it must be an issue with the theme code. I can paste the entire code from the template.postloop.php file if that helps?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

First, your site's crashed. I just tried to access it and I'm getting "Problem loading page".

After that's fixed, I'd recommend updating your permalinks without changing the structure.

Also, PlatformPro worked perfectly with WP-PageNavi (and optionally, WP-Pagenavi Style). If not using that, try it. That should work. It's possible some plugin update might have caused something to malfunction. http://wordpress.org...ns/wp-pagenavi/

#6 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for checking. It should be up now if you don't mind looking again. I updated the permalinks (just by saving the same structure that was there) and I am using WP-PageNavi, and it is still doing the same thing where it won't go to the next page. I also deactivated ALL plugins and it does the exact same thing when I click on "Previous posts" it says it goes to page 2 in the address bar but just loads the same posts.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

I see what you mean. However, I'm stumped. I've seen this happen before. Do you have Post/Page Pagination enabled in Dashboard > PageLines > Templates for the template being used. Keep in mind, the plugin would show up even if that's not activated.

#8 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I was originally using Platform Pro but I upgraded it to the new Pagelines framework and it still has the same issue. In the Dashboard > Pagelines > Templates issue it is all listed there as enabled. Which makes sense because the pages do show up- they just don't work.

#9 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Some suggestions that I've found are related to modifying the code around the query_post section but I haven't found any code that will work.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Some questions: How many total posts are there? What time zone are you in? I ask this so we can try and schedule a screen sharing session to find the cause of this.

#11 Jon Barrett

Jon Barrett

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

58 total posts. I'm in the Pacific time zone. Today I'm free after 6pm or tomorrow any time before 2pm.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi Jon, I have visited your website and noticed that you're using Platform Pro version 1.3.1, this is an out of date version. The latest version is 1.5.3, I recommend updating to this version and see if this resolves the issue. I tried the same thing on PageLines Framework and it worked perfectly.

#13 luigiviscido2

luigiviscido2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hi, I have the same problem!
Whenever I click on the Next button the only thing that happens is that the entire page refreshes. It only works if I'm logged into wordpress. My website is here: http://www.carciofodipaestum.it
Please help me.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

@luigiviscido2 - Please create a new topic, this topic is over one year old and related to PlatformPro, you're using DMS.

In your new topic, disable all active plugins and enable DMS debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.