Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Showing co-authors in Multi-authored blog posts

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'm using platform pro and want to allow posts with multiple authors. I installed the Co-Authors Plus Plug in but I can't see how to get the authors to show up in the Meta Bar. There is a previous discussion on this: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/5065/platform-pro-and-coauthors-plus-plugin/p1 That discussion never reached a resolution. Is there any fix out there for this?

28 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

With Platform Base as your active theme, have you added the php function listed on the plugin page (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/co-authors-plus/other_notes/)?

Posted · Report post

So my active theme is the Pagelines Framework. It isn't at all clear where to put that code.

Posted · Report post

Something like this: http://paste.pagelines.com/4c

Posted · Report post

@Simon. Is that something you just put into the main Pagelines? Or is there a specific place to paste that code.

Posted · Report post

oh wait this is platformpro? The 'action' will be pagelines_loop_after_post_content for platformpro and you will have to add it to platformbase/functions.php

Posted · Report post

I'm not a developer. Just a user. It really isn't clear how to amend the Framework to put in that code. For instance, there appears to be no functions.php in the theme -- I have no idea why. :-S

Posted · Report post

You need to download platformbase from your members section, install it as a wordpress theme and activate it. Then edit the functions.php file inside the platformbase folder.

Posted · Report post

I'm running the Pagelines Framework. There is a functions file. Just paste the code anywhere?

Posted · Report post

Sorry no then, i read your opening post that says your running PlatformPro. So if you are running PageLines Framework then install the pagelines customize plugin ( free in the store in wp-admin ) then open wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php and add the line there.

Posted · Report post

I know you must think I'm really slow. However, I installed the plugin. I have gone to the theme editor. There is a functions.php file there but I'm not sure it is the one you mean. In any case, where to I paste "add_action( 'pagelines_loop_after_post_content', 'coauthors_posts_links' );"?

Posted · Report post

use the [b]plugin[/b] editor, select pagelines-customize plugin, then select functions.php

Posted · Report post

I now get it and have pasted the code add_action( 'pagelines_loop_after_post_content', 'coauthors_posts_links' ); into the functions.php file as instructed. However, that hasn't actually changed anything. I tried putting [coauthors_posts_links] into the Metabar but that only mean that the text '[coauthors_posts_links]' now appeared. What am I missing? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

I'm going to ask one of our developers to help more directly with this. What time zone are you in, should we need to do a screen sharing session?

Posted · Report post

I'm in Toronto (East Coast US time)

Posted · Report post

As soon as our developer gets back in, I'll discuss this with you and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience. I'm also EST, but he's GMT.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I'm sure it is pretty simple. It is just obscure to me. Multiple authors would be a good feature for Pagelines.

Posted · Report post

Josh, did you just add that line to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php? If you did, I must apologize for Simon's economic use of words. You need to include that in a hook. http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin Hooks implement a function within the site, but they integrate into the PHP. One must take care how a hook is written and while the code above is part of a hook, I don't think it's a complete one. I'll continue researching this.

Posted · Report post

What's up Josh! Smack this piece of code that's included in this snippet into your functions.php: http://paste.pagelines.com/7v Then, head to your Metabar settings, and paste this guy in place [show_authors] Should look like below. http://screencast.com/t/FSoy7tav And here is the final result from above: http://screencast.com/t/hQFc8n9H Let us know if this works for you!

Posted · Report post

So I just what you said. My site is now down and inaccessible.

Posted · Report post

Which functions.php did you paste the code into?

Posted · Report post

So that code pulled down the site and I had to delete the plugin manually to correct the issue. Unless, you wanted that code put into the actual functions.php for the Pagelines theme. If so, where?

Posted · Report post

I put it into the Pagelines Customise plugin -- that was what you had originally suggested. Nick may have been talking about something else.

Posted · Report post

I'm addressing this presently with Nick. As soon as we have an answer, I'll reply. My sincere apologies. Thanks for your patience. I'd suggest reinstalling the plugin.

Posted · Report post

That's OK. I'll wait. These things are fiddly. If you could post the step by step instructions that will likely prevent errors and be useful to others who are interested in the solution here.

Posted · Report post

Hey Josh! Sorry about that. I tried to crash my stuff here and couldn't do it. You must not know your own strength. lol j/k I sent you a PM just now with a temp solution for you, as I created something special just for you and did not want to post it publicly. When Simon get's back I'll chat with him and see if we can't get this into core. Let me know if my PM works for you. Again sorry about the troubles. Nick