• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 khero

khero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi, I'm using the latest update for Pagelines2. The Pagelines team suggested to use JigoShop as an e-commerce plugin because it's supposed to be one of the few that works with the framework. I've also installed the "fix" plugin provided by the Pagelines team to repair the layout issues of JigoShop. Everything works apart from two things: - The random products widget is not picking the items in a random way but it's practically displaying the latest items instead; - The related products section, under each individual item, is behaving more or less the same. It doesn't display something "related" but it's just displaying the latest two items i've inserted, regardless of the item the user is viewing. I've already looked for help on the JigoShop site but, of course, since it works on all the other themes, they say it's a Pagelines issue. I've moved from WP e-commerce to JigoShop because the Pagelines Team suggested so. I was hoping everything would work but i still have these problems i've mentioned. I paid for WP e-commerce and dropped it. I paid for JigoShop and DON'T want to drop this as well. I've also paid a fortune for the Pagelines 2 developer edition and so far i'm getting a bit irritated. Any clue? Thanks, Marco

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi Marco, The JigoShop plug-in is currently still in beta. This is great feedback and I'm sure the developers will appreciate it very much. I have bookmarked this topic and will bring this to the attention of the developers for you! You could also add this to the PageLines tracker if you like ?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 khero

khero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Danny, I've installed the plugin that Simon sent me and it fixed the weird layout issues. I hope the final release will also fix these other issues cuz right now, i can't use those widgets. It'll be quite awkward once i'll have to explain to my client that those features are not working! Can it be that the theme overwrites the shop's queries into something like "just fish the latest items" instead of "random" and "related"? Sounds so weird.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Marco, take a look here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The related items are a random selection from items in the same category. The random products widget works fine, I have it set to pull 3 random products. ( page is cached though )

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Our plugin does not make any queries, at all. simply inserts styling.

#6 khero

khero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Simon. Yep, your demo works fine, so what's wrong with my site? There aren't that many options in JigoShop so it's hard to screw up in that sense. As you can see in my site, the "random" widget always gives the same results, which are the latest products i've inserted. Same happens to the "related" section under the single product. I've tried disabling all other plugins and tested but nothing changes.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

What plugins do you have?

#8 khero

khero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ok ok, my bad! Post Types Order was on with the "Auto sort" option enabled. Once disabled, it started working correctly! Still not convinced by the "related products" section though. You said it fishes items from the same category. All my items so far belong to the same category but they're all groupped in different sub-categories. The "related" feature is probably fishing from the parent one because i see stuff that's not really related. My items are sorted in categories named by colors. I see no option to customize that. If to select items from a sub-category or a parent one. It's kinda bad if i'm viewing an item under the blue category and it suggests a green one and a red one as related :)

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Well, glad you sorted one problem at least, as for the related items, im not sure how it works myself lol, im just guessing thats what it does as there is no setting that i can find.

#10 khero

khero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Oh well thanks anyway Simon. Have a nice day! ;)