Photo

Wordpress and iFrame

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotmanfrontiernetnet

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

Well setting up an amazon store and it is coming along nicely. My question is if you could look at the store and tell me how I can tweak it with your theme better I would appreciate it. http://nichewebsites...egy.com/estore/ Here is what I have so far. Inorder to use this iFrame Widget addon the only bar in your theme that gives me full width of the page is the 'bottom full width bar'. Now I was wondering if their anyway I can move the bottom full width bar to the top of the page? So the "goto top link" will beneath my store. Plus if I can put the content part of the page at the bottom or just remove it altogether where under construction words are. Ofcourse I know If I edit the page and delete under construction the words will disappear but I am talking of moving the whole text frame to the bottom? You have to look at the store to understand what I am talking about. The page template I am using is full width.

#2 scotmanfrontiernetnet

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

Sorry just lost the use of my enter key so I could not format the above question for better reading. Thanks.

#3 scotmanfrontiernetnet

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

I ended up finding something to fix this. If anyone is interested their is a addon called widgets on pages, this allows you to put a widget right into a page or post content. Cheers!

#4 scotmanfrontiernetnet

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:41 AM

Alright had one last question if you look at it now it looks great all except the border. I tried setting this in iFrame-widget.php border=0 but it seems something is over-riding those settings..I get this when using senseo... widget { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border-color:#DDDDDD #BBBBBB #BBBBBB #DDDDDD; border-right:1px solid #BBBBBB; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:1em; What i was wanting to do is remove the border around this one sidebar either that or set it to white..yea yea Im anal retentive when it don't look just right..here is the link again...http://nichewebsitestrategy.com/estore/

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

apply this CSS in the custom css area of your theme `.widget .widget_iframe {border:none;}` That should do the trick.

#6 scotmanfrontiernetnet

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Adam for the quick reply the code worked great. For other users just remove the whitespace between .widget .widget and it will remove the border like Adam said.

.widget.widget_iframe {border:none;}

Thanks again Adam it turned out nice just have to center my store up some but I like the way it turned out. I hear iframes and websites are not a good mix. I wonder why this is? I mean it works great for my website and tracking seems to be working good too with no errors. Either way thanks again. Cheers Adam hope you have a great weekend.