Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alignment

Question

Posted · Report post

http://www.ihubbu****siness.co.uk/blogs/ Please remove asterix to get url. I have a problem with the latest post text overlapping with the other text. Please help. many thanks

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry, but I didn't find any overlapping text. Could you be more specific about where this is located? I'll be happy to take another look.

Posted · Report post

The problem is the way the elements are aligned. Since you have absolute alignment, there are elements on top of eachother. The proper way would be to rewrite your css so it won't need absolute positioning. As a quickfix you could add to your custom CSS: #blogslist .meta {max-width: 300px;} /*Try different values*/ @rangelone: He is talking about the Latest Posts field within the Blog Directory which is flowing over the "active 2 hours, 51 minutes ago" buttons. On different page zooms you might not see it.

Posted · Report post

I don't see anything either. Not sure if you got it fixed or not. If it's not fixed, please provide us a screenshot of the area we should be looking at. If it is fixed, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

http://www.ihubbusiness.co.uk/blogs/[img]http://wp10987297.wp224.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines/custom/pics/Untitled.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the screenshot, @gyoery. @jacobmia, the list has a style that enables round bullet points (in the CSS). I think if the bullet style is taken away, the the overlap problem will go away since it'll nudge the user avatar and info to the left slightly.

Posted · Report post

The problem is when people create really long post heading the titles just keep going. Is there a way to limit the length of the post so it ie creates a second line... Sorry for late response ...easter and an abundance of kids

Posted · Report post

Hi, This really isn't a PageLines issue but a BuddyPress CSS issue. However, can you give this code a try please: [code]ul.item-list li div.action { position: relative !important; top: 0px !important; right: 0 !important; text-align: right !important; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

Fab; thanks a lot