#1 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 568 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:Pagelines v2.4.3 and DMS

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

This has probably nothing to do with page line. But I thought I could ask anyway. I have recently moved yet another site from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to

Everything seemed to work fine and the site is up and running. But I can't upload any pictures. I found out that WP created a map called "Medlem" That was because I had forgotten to change the url in the mediasection inside of WP. I corrected this to the correct location. But now I can't find the pictures anywhere on my server. And sertenly not on the site. Anyone who knows what I have forgotten. In Wp all i have is a question mark instead of a picture. The url is correct as far as to the location of WP (

But in the folder there is no picture ?? Anyone with a cleaver answer.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi, First, did you copy your /wp-content/uploads folder from the old to the new site location? Second, did you update your permalinks by visiting Dashboard > Settings > PermaLinks and simply saving your settings WITHOUT changing anything. That should reset all the links to images. Let us know if it works.

#3 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 568 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Yes @rangelon I did. And everything works. Old pictures is there. But nothing new.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi, If you use your favourite FTP client, can you not simply browser all the folders and see where these images are ? Also, I would contact your webhost and see if they can assist you.

#5 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 568 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yes that is what I did when I located the pic the first time. But now they are nowhere to be found. I have searched everywhere. I have even searched my other domains. I will contact my webbhost to see if they can help me.

When I moved the site I followed these steps

Maybe that was not such a good idea.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi, If you're unable to find them via FTP then unfortunately, they may have been deleted. Contacting your webhost provider is the best solution for you in my opinion, they may well have a backup.

#7 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 568 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

They found the problem. It was some rights that was set wrong. They could not se what. But now it works again. Lets se what will happens i May. When there will be a new map to create... Thanks for caring!