How to Extract Header and Footer HTML and Custom CSS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gnomesoft

gnomesoft

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Greetings, I am using PL Framework 2.1 and I need to extract the HTML for my header and footer on my site running and the custom CSS to use with Desk.com so the support page can feel seamless with the rest of the site. Desk.com doesn't have WordPress plugin to make this easy. They require setting up there web template with colors, page header content, page footer content, and custom CSS. I am a one man shop so I don't have a web developer, which is why I am using PageLines to make my life easier. I was hoping there is an easy way to extract this information for use with desk.com.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

To clarify: do you mean that you want the exact header and footer content and styling from your PageLines Framework site on your Desk.com site? Does Desk.com give you the ability to add HTML content to its site layout?

#3 gnomesoft

gnomesoft

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yes I want to extract the styling from PageLines Framework so that I can apply it to my Desk.com site. Yes Desk.com gives you three sections, Page Header Content, Page Footer Content, and Custom CSS. You can embed CSS in the header/footer sections also. The custom CSS lets you add to and override their CSS.

#4 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

you can copy-paste the areas you are looking for from your page source. Simply rightclick on your page and view source.
The css might be a little more tricky, since there are quite a few css you have to look into:
These are ur basic css:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can guess by their name whats what, so u dont need all... just what u use in the header-footer areas.
These is your CSS generated by the Pagelines menu:

And this is your custom CSS:

It will take you forever to sort these out, what u need, and what you don't, but adding all will add alot of bloat to your page, and might even screw up some other stuff.
Good luck.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi gnomesoft, This isn't really covered (I don't think anyway) by PageLines support. However, I understand you situation and I would recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros and see if they assist you.

#6 gnomesoft

gnomesoft

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Thanks guys... I think Danny is right, and Gyoery I did try hacking away from the browsers source, and got very close but still had some odd issues that didn't make me conformable. Thanks for the effort. I just went with a simpler version that is "close" to what I have.