feature slider thumbnail size, css for captions, rotation time for ea. slide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cdallas

cdallas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Feature Slider customization questions I have - 1. Is it possible to increase the size of the thumbnails? 2. Can you style the captions? What would the css be for the feature post title and the body text that follows? I would like title/body text to display on the left aligned with the bottom of the images. 3. Any way to set the timing of the rotation of each slide? My feature slideshow has both photos and video. Would love to keep slideshow rotation going while allowing the user to play (manual or auto-play) the entire video before moving on to the next slide. 4. Can the feature post slider be configured to be truly responsive, resizing the image for a variety of devices? How?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hi, To answer all your questions in one, I think you need the KenBurner Slider instead of ours.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Our slider isn't really intended to handle videos with transition. The timing causes the slide to transition before the video, even short ones, finish. More specifically: 1. Yes, it can be done but its really difficult to do. 2. Yes, you need

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for Firefox to see and test the CSS. 3. You can't set the timing for individual slides. Only globally for the slides which appear on a post or page (PageLines Meta Settings) 4. Not really, but the KenBurner Slider is already set for this.

#3 cdallas

cdallas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for your recommendation for the KenBurner slider. I was hoping to have a slider with big thumbnails though and the option on not having the KenBurner effect on all slides. Was checking out Royal Slider and SlideDeck as options - any recommendations?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I've never used Royal Slider, SlideDeck, or any other sliders before, but perhaps you can Google blog posts that rank WordPress slider plugins to see if there are any more that might meet your needs.