White House Pro header phone number

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi, My client has your White House Pro and would like in their header to have the phone number convert to a link that someone (on their phone) can click on to start the call. Right now, the number is part of the header image. Is there a way to add the phone number below the header image as an actual number, not an image? www.themelawfirm.com Thank you!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

It's possible to add a text link phone number, but it's not advisable to add it by editing any of the core files. This probably isn't the best workaround, but the solution I can think is using a sidebar text widget to add the number and using custom CSS to move that text widget up and take away the default styling (such as background color, border, etc.).

#3 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

hhmmm, that doesn't sound very easy. I'm used to platform pro. Is there not a way in White House pro to add the universal header above the main navigation and just below the branding?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

No, there isn't a way with WhiteHousePro. Both themes have different settings (WHP lacks a lot of what PlatformPro has).

#5 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

OK. so if my secondary sidebar is empty. How would I go about (CODE) getting it above my navigation? Sorry, but I'm not a pro at custom code.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

This isn't the most elegant solution, but the only with CSS is by using the margin-top attribute to move the text widget in the sidebar upward. For example

div.SELECTORFORTEXTWIDGET {margin-top: -300px;}

For more specific instructions on how to use custom CSS, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

#7 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Will the code you gave me only move the secondary sidebar widget? or am I to replace the "SELECTORFORTEXTWIDGET" with the name of the secondary sidebar?

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

You need to replace "SELECTORFORTEXTWIDGET" with the name of the secondary sidebar (which you can find using Firebug).

#9 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

OK. I'm going to sound like an idiot here- but I don't see the option anywhere to show both primary and secondary sidebars. I've selected the secondary sidebar and, using firebug, found the div id = "text-6". i tried that but didn't work, plus now I'm missing the primary sidebar. Help! :(

#10 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

OK. I renamed it to div.winner {margin-top: -600px;} and that seemed to help but did not completely move the secondary widget. (there's still some left in the column. I guess I've really started a problem here because now we need space between the branding and the menu too. thought: what if we added the number next to the social media icons instead of in a widget?

#11 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

If you want to make it really easy, you shold place it in the menu bar, but I'm not sure if it would meet the specifications. Since you have non-responsive design, you could move it from there to wherever you want, with position:relative; top: y px; left: x px. And then style it so it looks how you want it.

#12 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

thanks all, But I don't think I can get this to work. thank you for all the efforts. Regards,

#13 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Quitters suck, try, and then we will assist u best we can.

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

@create180design The widget idea isn't the most elegant workaround, so I think you'd need to approach it a different way. Perhaps you can add a DIV layer to the header by adding it to the Headerscripts code box in your settings and align it using CSS, but that isn't where the code would go and the DIV layer wouldn't adapt to different browser sizes very well.