• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

i am trying to get rid of the boxes/shadows around my photographs. i can make the corrections in firebug but i must be cutting and pasting the wrong code to css as nothing ever takes. also, would like to get rid of the greyish box around the "navigation bar" above me post in the individual blog posts. the one that tells you the name of the post before and after the one you are currently viewing. thank you so much.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hi,
Try this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Add this too:

Combined, those two remove the padding and shadow from images.

For that post navigation box, do you want to get rid of the box or the grey background?

#3 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

thank you so much! you have no idea how much time i spent trying to figure this out! the combined worked well. i would like to get rid of the box and the grey background. also, while the border and shadow disappeared on the main blog page, they are still present on the individual post pages. do you have code i can input to delete these too? thank you so much for your help!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and in the right graphic interface, click Content Area. You'll see a group of tabs below. Click Blog Post. You'll see two groups of drag and drop elements. On top of the left box, you should see PostNav. Drag it from the left column to the right. Visit your posts. The navigation will be gone.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

You should install

for Firefox, which is the perfect tool to help you identify the appropriate code to change. The way you're adding the images to your posts determines the way they appear with a frame and label below the image. That takes some custom changes to the CSS.

#6 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

thank you again. i was able to take away the navigation bar on my blog post pages. i do have firebug and am able to play around with the numbers to get the borders to go away, i am just totally clueless as to what part of the code to copy into the css. you are correct that only some of the images in my individual blog posts have the border and keyline around the images, it's the images with captions on it. is there any way i can get rid of the greyish color of the border, but retain the 1pix keyline? thanky uo again for your attention! warm wishes, j

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

To get rid of the caption background color, please add this CSS to your custom code: