Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how to change border colors/shadows

Question

Posted · Report post

i am trying to get rid of the boxes/shadows around my photographs. i can make the corrections in firebug but i must be cutting and pasting the wrong code to css as nothing ever takes. also, would like to get rid of the greyish box around the "navigation bar" above me post in the individual blog posts. the one that tells you the name of the post before and after the one you are currently viewing. thank you so much.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Try this: [code].post-meta .c_img, #page .widget_wp125 .wp125ad a, .widget_flickrRSS a img, .srp-widget-thmblink { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #E9E9E9; border: 0 solid #F3F3F3; box-shadow: 0 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0); }[/code] Add this too: [code].post-meta .c_img { border: 1px solid transparent; display: block; float: left; max-width: 98%; padding: 0; }[/code] Combined, those two remove the padding and shadow from images. For that post navigation box, do you want to get rid of the box or the grey background?

Posted · Report post

thank you so much! you have no idea how much time i spent trying to figure this out! the combined worked well. i would like to get rid of the box and the grey background. also, while the border and shadow disappeared on the main blog page, they are still present on the individual post pages. do you have code i can input to delete these too? thank you so much for your help!

Posted · Report post

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and in the right graphic interface, click Content Area. You'll see a group of tabs below. Click [b]Blog Post[/b]. You'll see two groups of drag and drop elements. On top of the left box, you should see PostNav. Drag it from the left column to the right. Visit your posts. The navigation will be gone.

Posted · Report post

You should install http://www.getfirebug.com for Firefox, which is the perfect tool to help you identify the appropriate code to change. The way you're adding the images to your posts determines the way they appear with a frame and label below the image. That takes some custom changes to the CSS.

Posted · Report post

thank you again. i was able to take away the navigation bar on my blog post pages. i do have firebug and am able to play around with the numbers to get the borders to go away, i am just totally clueless as to what part of the code to copy into the css. you are correct that only some of the images in my individual blog posts have the border and keyline around the images, it's the images with captions on it. is there any way i can get rid of the greyish color of the border, but retain the 1pix keyline? thanky uo again for your attention! warm wishes, j

Posted · Report post

To get rid of the caption background color, please add this CSS to your custom code: [code]div.wp-caption {background-color: none;}[/code]