• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just updated Framework and now the WP125 plugin in the left column has not only decided it wanted to format itself into two columns but it's also adopted the styling from PageLines img tag, too. Deactivated the plugin and reactivated it. Nothing changed. Also, moved the widget out of the column. Refreshed. Moved the widget back into the column. Nothing changed. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Were you using any custom styling for it before upgrading Framework? Is the plugin still activated on your site?

#3 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Plug in is still activated. I used custom styling via the PageLines Customize plug-in but none of it had to do with the WP125 plug-in. The closest thing to styling I got on that was the header and of the widget.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Please see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I suspect that you may need to remove the CSS you put into style.css in PageLines Customize and add it to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules. The plugin appears to have defaulted to dual columns, probably because the settings were changed or replaced in the installation.

#5 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

That's not an option. That puts me back at losing my customizations like I have had to deal with in previous Pagelines installations. (Even with the settings export, I have had to completely reconstruct customizations after upgrades and domain changes. It's a royal PITA.) This is the main reason I am using the Customize plug-in because Pagelines recommends it to prevent this problem. You can't recommend using the Customize plug-in in all of the FAQs and then turn around and tell me to go back to using the custom code panel. The settings for wp125 are set to a single column. And it worked perfectly fine before the last upgrade of Pagelines. On a second note, the Pagelines leaf has reappeared at the bottom of page, too.

#6 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'm just giving up on the wp125 plug-in and I'm going to find explore other options. I managed to get the frames off the ads with some restyling in the Customize plug-in but I could not get the columns to work. Apparently, all the reviews are saying it's broken. Oh, and I found the new 'watermark' function and how to remove the leaf.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Please let us know if you have any other questions. If you consider this topic resolved, simply "accept" an answer. Thanks!

#8 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I found another plug-in that does 125x125 ads and seems to be working without a problem. I'd tell you what it was but I can't get to the site because of a fatal error in Pagelines right now.

#9 brightideas

brightideas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Okay, something happened... the host fixed it... The plug-in I found is WPX Affiliate Manager. It only holds six ads but, unlike wp125, the ads open in new windows. Hope this helps someone else having issues with wp125.