Enable Feature Metapanel on Posts?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I am looking to control the appearance of the feature slider on my blog page.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I see that after selecting "Enable Feature Metapanel on Posts?" that I have a new Metapanel on each post, but I'm looking to choose a different feature slider. Is it possible to do this when its source are blog posts?

When I go to Page > Blog page, the metapanel for features says inactive on template. When I go to Admin > Pagelines > Meta > Site Defaults or Blog Page I don't see a global option to change the appearance.

Quite confusing.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

In your Template settings, are Features active? The Features needs to be an active section in order for the options to work.

#3 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

You have to first add it to the template, and then you will see it in Admin >

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

@adonnan, do you have your Feature slides set to posts category mode or are you trying to apply individual sliders in your posts? If your sliders are by category mode, they'll pick the images from a specified category, but you can create a feature set for that category, and apply that feature set in the meta panel. Similarly, for individual slides, you can apply the slide to a unique feature set, then in your meta settings, select that slide set for your post. I hope I'm being clear because yes, it's confusing to even explain. Essentially though, you can create as many feature sets as you want and slides will only appear in the set they belong to. If you apply a set to a post or page using the meta settings in the post or page, then when your visitors view that post or page the slider that will show will be ONLY the one from that set. After that, I think I need coffee. Let us know if I've clarified it or confused you more. ;-)

#5 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

@catrina @gyoery Yes, I have features active in the template settings area. @rangelone I have Feature Post Source set to "Use all Posts", so I'm not sure if your instructions apply, or I'm still trying to understand it. I wanted to mimic the appearance of the features on my homepage, where you choose the Feature Text Position to "Text On Bottom". You access that meta panel within a feature itself, but I don't know where to set that appearance globally, or for just the blog page. Does that make more sense? If it's not possible to achive, then I'll probably just remove it.

#6 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

check out my last answer here:

it contains a quick rundown on how to use features... Don't confuse the different Meta settings though... In the feature metasettings you do the settings for each individual slide, on the page meta, or Blog meta you do the settings for a feature set. The blog meta can be found under Pagelines > Meta > Blog > Features though u first have to activate it (via drag and drop) in the template settings (for the blog page).

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm not sure if you're trying to activate it for the blog page (i.e. a list of a bunch of posts), or a single post page. Whichever the case, make sure you have added the Features section to either Blog or Blog Post in the "Content Area" in templates. The "Blog" meta settings can't be controlled on a per page basis, but you can use the global defaults at PageLines -> Meta.

#8 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm using features now on my homepage, and its source is set to a specific blog category. That is all fine and dandy, but the one thing missing is the ability to set a default Feature Design Style. Ideally I would think you should be able to set the default Feature Design Style (both text position and/or style) within the Page Option Setup.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi Adonnan, So you wish to have the ability to set the text style/position on the Pages PageLines Meta Settings, like on the settings I have ss below.

#10 pshelston

pshelston

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Danny, yes, I'm trying to do the same thing, and you cannot set a default Feature Design Style in the page you are showing. It's be great to be able to do that so that one doesn't have to manipulate each and every new post that goes up.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Did you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Features where you have some global options? Admittedly, not all the possible options are there. The reason they're post level or slide level is to ensure you're able to select the one you want for the individual slide. People tend to change them.

#12 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, it looks like you just have to set them per slide (when making a new blog post). The global setting doesn't exist. I'm referring to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > Features ... there is no global setting for Feature Design Style

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hi, I will report this as a feature enhancement on our tracker for you.

#14 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Did this ever get 'fixed' or did anyone find a workaround?

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I've not heard of anything.

#16 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hang on ive just tried the fix above and it worked fine. Once features are 'dragged and dropped' into the blog page template you get the option to set the feature text posn. etc in the individual posts.... this is fine for my purposes but may be a pain if large numbers of posts need to be adjusted manually.... im guessing the default settings drill down into these 'per post' settings anyway .... Great!

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Glad you were able to find the solution!