Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pagelines Framework update to 2.1.5. is not working.

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm getting an error message when I update: 'An error occurred while updating PageLines Framework: Could not remove the old theme..' Then it reverts back to TwentyEleven theme and PLFW does not show anymore in my themes. Any suggestions? -Salt

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

UPDATE: I was able to update the page after multiple attempts... not sure what was wrong. After update Boxes/Soapboxes have issues, as can be seen on the front page. Please advice. -Salt

Posted · Report post

Hi Salty, You have a pretty strange error on your website, it is trying to load this ? http://www.luominen.fiquote_rotator_css_urlfrontend-style.css/?ver=3.3.1 Also, I see the issue with the soapboxes but if you check my short clip, selecting them in Chrome Web Dev tools aligns the image correctly ? http://www.screencast.com/t/gTU7QJOWMC4

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny! Indeed, I noticed the same behavior that when I selected them with firebug, they aligned correctly. Otherwise I have been unable to align them correctly... Any suggestions. The Quote Rotator has been behaving correctly before... and I tried now to disable it and turn it back on again with no help to the soapbox-issue... -Salt

Posted · Report post

Do you have any custom code associated to the soapboxes at all ?

Posted · Report post

No. I removed the pictures and put them back again with no help... also I played with the meta section and template section.. no help. Also, Chrome and Firefox behave the same way (boxes broken) and IE shows the page correctly. -Salt

Posted · Report post

The strange thing is that the images look correct when I enable Chrome web dev tool. Therefore, can you as a long shot, disable any plug-ins you have active and see if this resolves the issue.

Posted · Report post

I tried that and it did not help.

Posted · Report post

Can you view your website using Google Chrome's Web dev tool and try to resolve the three issues you have. This could be the cause of the issue. I am unable to provide a CSS issue as when I go to inspect the image(s), the position is resolved, like I mentioned above.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny! I was off for the weekend... :) I tried to resolve all of the errors. I got most of them fixed, but one remains, the one you mentioned above http://www.luominen.fiquote_rotator_css_urlfrontend-style.css/?ver=3.3.1 However, I deactivated that plugin Quote Rotator and that error went away. This did not help with the soapbox issue. So now the rotator is back on. Although it gives an error, this does not affect the layout of the Boxes. I contacted the developer of the Quote Rotator to fix the issue on my page... What to do with the boxes? This problem came to be when I updated, nothing else has changed. -Salt

Posted · Report post

I resolved the Quote Rotator issue by removing the rotator and changing it to a similar widget that uses Ajax instead of javascript to do the rotation. So now there are no errors. Still the boxes' pictures are out of place... -Salt

Posted · Report post

Hi Salt, As a test, can you copy/cut all your custom CSS and paste it to a text document for safe keeping. Once you have removed all your custom CSS, refresh your website and see if this resolves the position of the images.

Posted · Report post

Hi! I tried this one out with no help to the issue... it's a sticky bugger... :)

Posted · Report post

lol indeed they are, can you try this code and see if this resolves it. [code].soapboxes .fboxgraphic img {position: relative !important;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

That did the trick! Thanks a million Danny! -HappySalt :D

Posted · Report post

No problem "HappySalt" happy to help! :D