• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 musicianwages

musicianwages

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

First off, I want to thank you for including bbpress integration with Pagelines. I was very disappointed when I first bought it and wasn't able to use it with bbpress, and I'm very happy you responded to that feedback with the new integration. Thank you, thank you. I was happy to buy the developer license this morning and to continue my relationship with Pagelines. However, the bbpress theme included with Platform Pro was a better layout for bbpress that the theme included with Pagelines. I wonder if there is some easy way for me to customize my Paglines+bbpress configuration to match the old one. If I could get just these two elements, it would be a tremendous help: 1.) At the top of the forum sidebar I would like an "Add New Topic" button. Is there any easy way to do this? Perhaps a shortcode I can put in a widget? 2.) I would like the main forum page to display a list of recent topics, not the list of available forums, as it currently shows. Any ideas?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi, 1. You could add HTML to a text widget that links to the URL to create a new topic and then simply use Widget Logic or a similar plug-in to display this button only on your forum pages. 2. I don't think this is currently possible, I have bookmarked this topic/question and I will ask the developers for you. I'll reply here when I have more information.

#3 musicianwages

musicianwages

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

1.) There doesn't seem to be a link for that? Perhaps this is a change in bbpress 2.0. I hope not - the forums here (maintained by Vanilla, I know) have a similar "Start a New Discussion" button above. That's very helpful - and, I believe, standard for most forums. 2.) Thank you.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi, I don't use bbPress personally, but I created a quick account on bbPress and the link to create a new topic is below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Therefore, if you use: /?new=1 With your website and forum address when adding the buttons HTML code, it should work.

#5 musicianwages

musicianwages

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Yes! That was my guess too, but it doesn't work. Perhaps that link syntax has changed with bbpress 2.0 (I believe the bbpress.org forums haven't changed over to 2.0 yet). Unfortunately there isn't a lot of information yet about bbpress 2.0 on the web, so this answer is hard to find. I should really try posting this on the bbpress forums, and I will. I just thought maybe it'd be an easy fix in the Pageliness bbpress theme. If you can still help me with question #2 I'd be grateful. Thank you.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

I have looked into this further for you and unfortunately bbPress 2.0 doesn't have a link to create a new topic. However, they do have a Shortcode for the new topic form.

So what you could do is this, create a new page, add this shortcode.

[bbp-topic-form]

Once that is added, call the page Add New Topic and then do add this to your Text Widget.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content