Setting Up the Blog Page in iBlog 5

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hi, I am trying to set up a blog page using the special set up feature in the framework. I am using iblog pro5 v. 5.1and framework v2.0. However it seems like the settings for the special page are overruled by the meta settings on the post page. For example I have set it up to exclude everything but the universal sidebar on the special blog page setting. But when I go to publish a blog page all of the side bars show up? I also would like to set up a page that shows a listing of blogs. How do I do this? What am I missing in this process? Thanks, Debbie

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

The "Special" blog page settings are for the blog page (which shows a collection of posts), not the individual post page (the single page that shows a specific post).

I also would like to set up a page that shows a listing of blogs. How do I do this?

^ Are you referring to a main blog page?

#3 debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi Carina, I am trying to set up an individual post page and then I am also trying to set up a page that shows a listing of all the blog posts which I believe is what you are calling a main blog page. Thanks much for your help. Debbie

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Debbie, All you need to do is go to Dashboard > Pages > Add New, call the page "blog-page" select the template you want and DO NOT ADD anything in the edit field. Save the page. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading (this is way down on the left side) and change the Front page displays to "Static page", then, in the second (lower) of the two drop down boxes, you'll select "blog-page" from the list and save your settings. Now, automatically, all posts will appear in the blog page. Just add that page to your menu via Dashboard > Appearance > Menus from the Pages list and re-label it as you wish. Just remember to save your settings.

#5 debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Thank-you that solved part of my challenge. Next do you know how I choose which sidebar to assign to a post? Thanks so much for your help!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi Debbie, Would it be possible for you to go into greater detail please regarding Sidebar to assign to a post.

#7 debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hi Danny, I have mulitple sidebars that I have created for the site. I am wondering is there is a way to select the sidebar that automatically shows up on the blog page. Any thoughts? Thanks, Debbie

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

If you're using a blog page that was set up using a regular page, you can select which sidebar to display and which one to hide (by hiding either Sidebar 1 or Sidebar 2) in the PageLines Section Control settings on the right side. What sidebar do you want to display on the blog page?

#9 debbiejosendale@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for your help. I got this figure out.