Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Removing Pagelines Logo!

Question

Posted · Report post

I upgraded to the latest Pagelines release this evening and the darn Pagelines Logo is back. This is NOT acceptable and I'm a bit surprised how hard you are pushing this for such a premium product. I tried removing it using CSS but it's quite persistent as the style is hardcoded into the DIV tag. How do I remove this?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ok I've removed it by taking out at the .plimage class but I still don't understand why you've blocked taking out the parent #cred DIV tag. In my opinion this really should be a config option in the admin panel and when people upgrade they should NOT be automatically hit with a change like this. Very jarring!

Posted · Report post

Reading the release notes: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18115/pagelines-framework-release-notes would have told you: - NEW - Footer Image/Watermark fully configurable. And here are instructions: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/PageLines_Leaf_Logo No need to edit any code. Or be 'Jarred'

Posted · Report post

Thanks Simon. I am glad it's in the release notes but my point remains ... the logo should not automatically appear when people upgrade. This is very similar to the old opt-in versus opt-out debate but there not even an opt-out checkbox when you upgrade. I will also point out that release notes can be great documentation when done well and a valuable asset but it is not the place to put brand-impacting announcements as a majority (or at least a substantial percentage) of the upgrade audience doesn't look at them.

Posted · Report post

I agree with Ken Snyder - the logo should NOT appear by default. Also why would you continue to make this a problem for you users. I have five sites I have to update and remember to go in and uncheck the watermark option for each (beside the sidebars are all mixed up after each update - any fix?). Also it specifically say "Watermark Link (Blank for None)" why then is there a link to "pagelines.com" by default? I started to use pagelines themes because it's easy let it continue to be that way!!