• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I upgraded to the latest Pagelines release this evening and the darn Pagelines Logo is back. This is NOT acceptable and I'm a bit surprised how hard you are pushing this for such a premium product. I tried removing it using CSS but it's quite persistent as the style is hardcoded into the DIV tag. How do I remove this?

#2 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ok I've removed it by taking out at the .plimage class but I still don't understand why you've blocked taking out the parent #cred DIV tag. In my opinion this really should be a config option in the admin panel and when people upgrade they should NOT be automatically hit with a change like this. Very jarring!

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Reading the release notes:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

would have told you: - NEW - Footer Image/Watermark fully configurable. And here are instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

No need to edit any code. Or be 'Jarred'

#4 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Thanks Simon. I am glad it's in the release notes but my point remains ... the logo should not automatically appear when people upgrade. This is very similar to the old opt-in versus opt-out debate but there not even an opt-out checkbox when you upgrade. I will also point out that release notes can be great documentation when done well and a valuable asset but it is not the place to put brand-impacting announcements as a majority (or at least a substantial percentage) of the upgrade audience doesn't look at them.

#5 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

I agree with Ken Snyder - the logo should NOT appear by default. Also why would you continue to make this a problem for you users. I have five sites I have to update and remember to go in and uncheck the watermark option for each (beside the sidebars are all mixed up after each update - any fix?). Also it specifically say "Watermark Link (Blank for None)" why then is there a link to "pagelines.com" by default? I started to use pagelines themes because it's easy let it continue to be that way!!