PageLines Framework Update - Spoils Feature Settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hello, Could you please tell me how to update pagelines framework with out effecting any of the existing setup. Whenever I update pagelines, I noticed that the "features" meta settings are reset and I had to manually set the feature settings on all the posts and pages. Now I can see the message saying "PageLines Framework 2.1.5 is available" but I am scared to apply the update until I learn how to apply the updates with out effecting any of the existing settings. Regards Vinayan

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi Vinayan, Updating PageLines Framework shouldn't be resetting your Feature section settings. Are you using a child theme or directly styling, changing settings on PageLines Framework, i.e. is PageLines Framework your active theme?

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I agree with Danny, we haven't had any reports of settings being affected by upgrades. You should be fine, unless there is something strange going on with your server (which I doubt)

#4 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Dear Danny and arpowers, I use the Pagelines Meta settings option to set the features option on every page and post. Basically I set the static height of the feature picture to a certain value which got reset in the last two pagelines framework updates. The problem happened on both my local installation and the web server installation. For other CSS updates I use page lines customize plugin which does not get effected by the updates. Regards Vinayan

#5 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Well, it shouldnt happen, since pl only updates existing file structure. The Meta and boxes are stored in the SQL database. If it does happen, chances are, you still have them in your database, just pagelines is looking in the wrong place.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi Vinayan, I think this may be a issue or a setting error on your server. Can you provide more information please. You webhost provider. Your package with this host i.e. Shared hosting, VPS, Ded box Can you post screenshots of your Feature settings please.