• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hayleydk13

hayleydk13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Just purchased Framework Professional and can't figure out how to upgrade my free version to this paid one. Please help!! I'm hoping the professional version will hide the fact that I'm a novice. Does anyone think I'd be okay with Platform Pro instead of Framework professional? I didn't know about Platform Pro until it showed up as a purchase option when I was in the process of purchasing Framework Pro. Thanks for your guidance. Hayley

#2 hayleydk13

hayleydk13

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Addition to my query: I created a new user name and password for my paid version. Is the reason I can't do the upgrade within my current site because the user names are different? If yes, what do I do about that?

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi Hayley, I have recently replied to your email regarding instructions on how to upgrade to PageLines Framework. What do you by your usernames are different, are you talking about your websites administrator username and password and your PageLines username/password ?

#4 hayleydk13

hayleydk13

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yes, Danny. I created a new account for the paid version and my user name and password is different for both. I have read the instructions for upgrading and it's not working for me.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

What instructions did Danny provide?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hi Hayley, I have emailed you again with instructions, are the instructions on this email not working for you?

#7 hayleydk13

hayleydk13

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Dear Danny and Catrina, THANK YOU so much for trying to help me. The issue had nothing to do with dual accounts. (And I was confused because what I realize now is that one account is Wordpress and the other is Pagelines - duh :)) Being relatively new to blogging, I didn't realize that all I had to do was to upload the Pagelines through the template section of Wordpress. Host Gator came to the rescue and explained this to me on the telephone in just a couple of minutes. It worked instantly. So thank you again. I'm on my way and unfortunately, you will probably hear from me again as I, a novice, tackle a Professional program. Any rules against numb nuts like myself trying to pretend to be a Professional? :))) I will try to close out all the comments on my 2 discussions now. Hayley

#8 hayleydk13

hayleydk13

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Catrina, In answer to your question, the directions below did not work for me. Thank you for contacting PageLines. After purchasing the full version of PageLines Framework, no further installation is required. Just visit Appearance -> PageLines Settings -> Website Setup and login with your PageLines account credentials. This will change your site to the full version of PageLines. The PageLines account credentials should be the ones you have used when you purchased the Framework, I have provided the account information below, for security reasons, I am unable to view your password but I have provided the account username and email address. The directions in the link below also didn't work. Probably my fault for not understanding how to upload a theme in Wordpress. I have provided you with a link to our getting started documentation, this has all the information you need to successfully upgrade to PageLines Framework.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Signing off ... hopefully I closed this issue correctly. Have a great day. Hayley

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hey @hayleydk13! I have replied to your most recent email so I think you're all set. :) If you consider this forum topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!