2.1.5 Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hilltopadvertising

hilltopadvertising

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

I activated the Framework update 2.1.5 today and since doing so am having a few site issues that I can't figure out. The ones I have found so far include: 1. Grid portfolio section not working. Pictures show, but can't switch between portfolio sections anymore. 2. I have a form in my sidebars of each page. They all seem to be working fine, except for it isn't showing up now on my blog pages. I have double checked all my settings and it is supposed to be showing up, it did before the update. It's fine on all pages, except blog. 3. My Callout section, which I had placed at the bottom of every page, is still there, but the link on the Callout doesn't work anymore. Again, it worked fine right before the update. I checked and the link is still set properly in Meta. I also tried deleting, saving, re-adding, and saving again. It still doesn't work. What can be done to correct these issues? Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hello, 1. You will need to contact the author of the section, for contact details please view the products page in the store. 2. Are you using any plug-in to control widgets visibility on pages/posts i.e. Widget Logic, Widget Context ? 3. Hmm, thats an odd one, this may be a bug, before I report it. Can you disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue.

#3 hilltopadvertising

hilltopadvertising

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi, 1. I did send a note to Adam. 2. I am using Section Widget. 3. If I disable all plug-ins, what additional issues do I need to be aware of before doing that? Will I lose all my settings associated with those various plugins by deactivating them and then reactivating them?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

To answer item 3, disabling plugins won't wipe your settings. The plugins are designed to be re-enabled without loss of data which is actually stored in the database. I've had a bunch of issues with 2.1.5 too. They're easily resolved by looking in the Templates and Meta areas. Some things on some servers, or with some plugins, may create a few changes. If you just review your settings and templates, I think you'll find problems easily resolved. I'm not sure about the Grid plugin though. I'm sure Adam will get back to you. If he doesn't by tomorrow, please let us know.

#5 hilltopadvertising

hilltopadvertising

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

thanks, I'll work on this then I guess. I also just noticed that the twitter bar section is getting an unknown error.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Twitterbar has not been changed in months, if your getting an error its your server communicating with twitter that as the problem.

#7 britten_uk

britten_uk

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

I seem to have an issue with the Twitter bar too after upgrade - I get an 'unknown error'. I haven't changed anything and cant get it to work - any other ideas?! Thanks!

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

As I said before, nothing has changed with twitterbar. If your server cannot connect to the twitter API its out of our hands.