Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

featured image size

Question

Posted · Report post

How can I fix the feature image thumbnail size in porportion, such as 300X200px when displaying my blog post in magazine style? It now shows the images in large size in the on top excerpt mode. Have I missed anything in the setting page? Or let me know if I need to edit the functions.php in the child theme. I just don't know where to place the the_post_thumbnail() function.

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Have you already tried deactivating plugins to see if your thumbnails continue to show in full size? Also, your site is asking for a log-in. Would it be possible to make your site public so that we can check out the problem?

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina, Have a look here. http://www.babistreet.com/blog/mami-blog/ I want to crop the featured images to 300X200px. Now it shows them in full size. I have tried to google the solution and find this article. But I don't know where I should put the code under the pagelines template http://www.studiograsshopper.ch/web-development/wordpress-featured-images-add_image_size-resizing-and-cropping-demo/

Posted · Report post

The resizing function that the article discusses should be put in the functions.php file in the PageLines Customize plugin folder or the base theme. Are you using either of these?

Posted · Report post

I am using the base theme, and I am rather new to this. Where should the the_post_thumbnail() be placed? I guess I should copy some files from the pagelines theme under the sections folders. But when I try to open pagelines/sections/postloop/sections.php, it's not the html code. Would you give me some advice on how to edit it?

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have tried to view your website, but it is asking for a login, can you please remove this or take a screenshot of your images so we can assist you further.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, Have a look here. http://www.babistreet.com/blog/mami-blog/ Thanks.

Posted · Report post

The base theme (which you're using) has a functions.php file. When you look in your site directory, do you see it? (This is where the thumbnail function should be placed)

Posted · Report post

Same issue. I just want an image thumbnail with the same size for all posts in blog page. The image has to fits inside the thumb disered size. Is it possible?

Posted · Report post

Are you already using the base theme?

Posted · Report post

I??m using PageLines Framework 2.2.5

Posted · Report post

Hi, I try to help You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules [code].post-thumb {width: 300px !important; height:200px !important}[/code] But I??m not sure

Posted · Report post

Hi, Can you just set the thumbnail size in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Media.