3 replies to this topic

#1 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I am having trouble getting the Special Recent Posts plugin to work with NextGEN Gallery plugin. The Special Recent Posts widget does not display the thumbnails. It looks as if they are pointing to the wrong URL of the thumbnail to display.

Can someone help me figure out a solution to this problem? I've searched the Pageline's forums and also the Special Recent Posts developer's forums on wordpress.org and have found no solution.

If it helps, I'm using Pagelines Framework 2.1.4

EXAMPLE:
Posted Image

Thank you!

Henry Perkins

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Special Recent Posts is not intended to work with NextGen. It's intended to use thumbnails installed directly into each post. Both NextGen and Special Recent Posts are separate plugins and since this topic is really about both of them, I'd urge you to write to the plugin authors, starting with Special Recent Posts.

#3 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Surely since these are both recommended plugins for your product you would have some sort of experience with this. I thought I was paying for customer service here with Pagelines.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

You are obtaining customer service to the best of our abilities, but we have no control over how two distinct plugins react with each other. As I mentioned, SRP doesn't use NextGen, and recommended you write to the plugin author because he may know some work-around. Despite a recommended status, we don't code or author those plugins and don't know how they will work together, if at all. Luca, the author of SRP, is a rather friendly guy and will likely answer your question as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there's nothing about PageLines that's going to cause this difficulty. If there were, I'd be very happy to offer a solution other than uploading your thumbnails directly into the posts, bypassing NextGen. To my experience, that's currently the only means of having SRP display thumbnails.