Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to show the site title in front of the header

Question

Posted · Report post

I've followed the steps from here - adding the PageLines Customize plugin, setting that up to show the Site Title and Tagline, but cannot then work out how to get it to show in the header area. The code added is

add_action( 'pagelines_inside_bottom_branding', 'header_text' ); function header_text() { $site_title = sprintf( '
%s
', get_bloginfo('description')); echo apply_filters('pagelines_site_title', $site_title, $location); }
What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any guidance... Thanks Babs

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

[code] add_action( 'pagelines_inside_bottom_branding', 'header_text' ); function header_text() { printf( '
%s
', get_bloginfo('description') ); }[/code] keep it simple ;)

Posted · Report post

Thank you, Simon But how do I then get it to show on the header? What is the magic CSS bit (I do keep trying different options but this is defeating me).

Posted · Report post

@bsaul: How are you adding the hook @pross mentions (above)? There are two bits here. Adding the hook into the theme functions. Then the CSS to style it.

Posted · Report post

Hi WebWerx I added the hook to the functions.php in the pagelines-customize plugin. Babs

Posted · Report post

@bsaul: assuming the code is solid (Sorry @pross ;-) ) the Site Title and Tagline should be appearing where you placed the hook. I have CC'd Simon on this as he is a PHP Ninja - and I am not.

Posted · Report post

For now I've cheated and added the tag to the image. Would like to work out what I'm not doing with the css though. Thanks for your help, @WebWerx

Posted · Report post

Is it perhaps not possible to do what I want? Can understand if not but was sure it could be done...