Position feature boxes - can't move one without moving the other

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 monk22

monk22

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi! I've got a two box feature at the bottom of my page that I'd like to float one box right and keep the left box on the left like so: Fbox1 Fbox2 So far I can only move both of them across to the right using this custom code: .grid-element, .media_overview {float: right;} So I've tried specifying the box by number like this: #fbox_2 .grid-element, .media_overview {float: right;} But this doesn't work. Very wierd. I know that if I target a specific element in #fbox_2 like a title I can move it across to the right only as far as the grid element allows me, so I can target a box. I just don't know what section I'm missing in the code to allow me to move my box - the above code seems perfectly logical to me so I can't for the life of me work out why it ain't. Any ideas? Thanks p.s this is on a local server so I can't upload the link but I can provide screen shots and html/css coding if needs be. Chris

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi Chris, Can you post a screenshot please of what you're trying to do. Then we can assist you, as I don't quite understand at the minute sorry.

#3 monk22

monk22

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi Danny, Thanks - not to worry I've just put in two content boxes and manipulated them so they are side by side. Much easier than mucking around with the boxes! Chris

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi Chris, Thanks for informing us that the issue is resolved.