Photo

Color Theme Change

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 onlinedesignsymphonycom

onlinedesignsymphonycom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hopefully someone can guide. I've never really touched HTML or CSS so all this looks/sounds very foreign. I've been able to use this forum to guide me through most of my questions but I haven't seen a post for the following: Our company has a certain brand color that we would like to maintain through out the website. I need to know how to get the blue on the website to match the blue in our logo: http://designsymphonyblog.com/ Thanks in advance!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

You will have to modify the image files in Photoshop then re-upload them in the place of the current ones. The images you'll have to change are called "spotlight-bg"

#3 onlinedesignsymphonycom

onlinedesignsymphonycom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. Is there an easier way? Or a more detailed...step 1. (image) step 2. - etc.?? Thanks! :-)

#4 onlinedesignsymphonycom

onlinedesignsymphonycom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Where can I find the "spotlight-bg" files? I looked under editor and all I see is "spotlight.php"

#5 wp101

wp101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hey C Joseph, In order to do this change, you'll need to access the theme folder via ftp. It is not possible to change the image files using the Wordpress admin. Try looking in Ecopro/pro/images/colors/ for the files. After you've downloaded the image that you want to alter, you can open it in Photoshop or any other grahpic editor and make the necessary changes. Then save the file and upload it back to the same place you got it from. You should make back-ups of the original image files just in case you want to revert back to them. :) Talha

#6 hayleysolichoptusnetcomau

hayleysolichoptusnetcomau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

I have done this. Changed the images. Deleted the old ones from the theme and replaced with the new colour ones. Uploaded them to site and the colour is not changing. I've tried emptying the caches, reseting Safari, looking at it in Explorer and Firefox and it is still showing the original blue. I've doublechecked the files by downloading them from the server and they are definitely the new files! Grrr...Any solutions, friends? Thanks, Hayley

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

You may have overwritten the original green color scheme. Change the colors back to default and see if your new colors are there?

#8 hayleysolichoptusnetcomau

hayleysolichoptusnetcomau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

I am sitting here shaking my head because miraculously, the new colour scheme files have appeared as the green colour, despite the files being called blue and copied over the blue files! How bizarre. I'm not complaining because for some reason it is working! Thanks.