• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'd need to display the nav bar above the logo in a specific page only, so I guess I would have to create a custom page as 'alternative template' to the 'standard one' where I'll create a new page. According to documentation I did it but it's 'empty' of course. I'm not a coder, that's why I'm proud Pagelines' customer :))), so any help is much appreciated.

#2 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Not sure if this is the best way, but it worked for me: 1. navigate via FTP to the following folder: wp-contentthemespagelinessectionsnav 2. copy the entire "Nav" folder & paste it inside the "pagelines-sections" folder: (wp-contentpluginspagelines-sections) 3. inside the newly pasted folder, open the "section.php" file 4. On line 9. change "Cloning: false" to "Cloning: true" then save 5. on your site, go to pagelines store via dashboard=>PageLines=>Store and click "Refresh Store" 6. Go to the Template Setup, select "Header" then on the active "Navigation" section, click "Options" then "Clone" 7. Drag the new "Navigation #2" above the "Branding" section. make sure it saves. 8. On "Navigation #2" click "Options" then "Hide this by default." make sure it saves. 9. now go to the page where you want the nav above the logo & click "Edit Page" 10. in the PageLines Meta Settings, click "Page Setup" 11. Put a check next to "Hide Navigation" and another check next to "Show Navigation #2" 12. Click "Save Meta Settings"

#3 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Thanks a lot mrfent, it works flawless.:)
Do you think I'll keep such customization where I would upgrade to Pagelines future releases?

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Yes, your custom nav folder will not be touched

#5 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

thanks Simon. I see it's a 'clone'... that means it uses the styles of the 'original' one by default. Is there a way to give it different styles?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hi, In order to add a different style, you would need to open your custom Nav section.php and change all the classes and Id's. Then in color.less change the class and Id names to the ones you changed in section.php.

#7 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hi Danny, I scrolled section.php but I'm getting some difficulty to target classes and id's references. (i'm not smart with codes...sorry) Can you indicate to me the line numbers of classes and id's I have to change? Thank you.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

It should be line 40.

#9 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Catrina. yes it would be line 40 (main_nav_container) and maybe also at line 43 (main-nav) I'll add "_2" to both- Accordingly I'd change 'main-nav' in color.less. More in general I notice the whole styling package of nav bar comes from style.css and only partially comes from color.less. So I'll try to copy and paste such styling section from style.css (pagelines) to style.css (base theme) in order to keep such customization 'safe' in case of pagelines future upgrades. For completeness I'll test this task and where I'll get positive results I'll update this post in order to be useful to other users.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for this, we appreciate it!

#11 oinegue1960

oinegue1960

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

I did not find a way to make the second navbar look different than the one. This is the line 40 of section.php customized by adding "_2" to item I presume would be the correct classes. (maybe I wrong something...) printf('