• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Simon, I know I accepted this answer but I have a problem. I have 0.9.5.3b3 now and the option you mentioned is now an option but changing it still doesn't work. Did it work for you?

#22 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yes it did gimme a min i want to check something.

#23 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yea seems to work in 2.1.3, I was using dev branch before.

#24 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

So just to check ... you create a View Template (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and then associate it to either a Single page or an Archive and when you go to that page the View is displayed (

?

I'm using PageLines 2.1.3 too but it just produces a normal blog page at that location. In my example the CPT is workouts so going to WEBSITE/workouts looks like this:

#25 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well, all i did, after spending $50 is create a new CPT with the types thing, then add a new views template, assign the template to the cpt, then view the post type page and saw my template text there. Thats what it supposed to do isnt it?

#26 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well you'd get the basic title and body of the text even without Views. What Views would allow for is all sorts of reformatting and the display of custom fields that you've defined. I am really impressed with what these guys are doing with these plugins and now that Gravity Forms is backing them and building in support you can put some pretty forms on top of this very easily. Anyway, I'd guess that you're probably having the same problem as me. Bummer. BTW, how did you come to the name of post_content for the function? Is that just your intimate knowledge of Pagelines or did the debugging feature they talk about work for you (it doesn't for me).

#27 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

yea i enabled debug and it picked it for me.

#28 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

That's odd that yours worked and mine did not. I started removing plugins to remove the DEBUG messages I was getting on all the admin pages. After removing bbpress it now seems to work for me although I still don't get the DEBUG message WRT to which function call to use. Last question on this thread ... where did the DEBUG message show up? Was it on the main screen or was it a console message? Error log? Just wondering if maybe it is somewhere but I'm being a bone-head and looking in the wrong places.

#29 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think it showed on the actual post page.

#30 greggsky

greggsky

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

I've got the single page/post working with Views, but not the archive. Curious if anyone has figured that one out?

#31 studio8c

studio8c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

im interested as well, Its a killer that i cant use the views pluggin with Pagelines

#32 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

I think you should be able to use this now. A bit before it went to the 1.0 release they added a configuration option under the "settings" admin screen. Look near the bottom and you'll see a text input box which is prefaced with "If View Templates don't work ..." Just put the following in there (without the quotes): "post_content,improved_trim_excerpt" This should make it work. If you're not using the latest version you might find that it only accepts one function name (rather than a comma separated list) but the latest version should support a list (which Pagelines needs to work fully).

#33 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Although to fully move away from the archives page layout you'll need to go a step further and create a custom content type. I have done that too, drop me a private line if you're interested in this and I'll share what I have done.