Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Views Plugins

Question

Posted · Report post

Is anyone using the Views plugins successfully with PageLines framework? I can't get the Views plugin to hook into the "single" or "archive" pages for my custom post types. Apparently Views uses the_content() hook to insert it's content (if that helps).

32 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

yea i enabled debug and it picked it for me.

Posted · Report post

That's odd that yours worked and mine did not. I started removing plugins to remove the DEBUG messages I was getting on all the admin pages. After removing bbpress it now seems to work for me although I still don't get the DEBUG message WRT to which function call to use. Last question on this thread ... where did the DEBUG message show up? Was it on the main screen or was it a console message? Error log? Just wondering if maybe it is somewhere but I'm being a bone-head and looking in the wrong places.

Posted · Report post

I think it showed on the actual post page.

Posted · Report post

I've got the single page/post working with Views, but not the archive. Curious if anyone has figured that one out?

Posted · Report post

im interested as well, Its a killer that i cant use the views pluggin with Pagelines

Posted · Report post

I think you should be able to use this now. A bit before it went to the 1.0 release they added a configuration option under the "settings" admin screen. Look near the bottom and you'll see a text input box which is prefaced with "If View Templates don't work ..." Just put the following in there (without the quotes): "post_content,improved_trim_excerpt" This should make it work. If you're not using the latest version you might find that it only accepts one function name (rather than a comma separated list) but the latest version should support a list (which Pagelines needs to work fully).

Posted · Report post

Although to fully move away from the archives page layout you'll need to go a step further and create a custom content type. I have done that too, drop me a private line if you're interested in this and I'll share what I have done.