Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to remove the searchbox?

Question

Posted · Report post

Cannot figure out how to remove the searchbox. The docs section has an explanation but it doesn't work for my version of the software. Could not find answers in the forum. Please advise.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Did you use this page in our docs? http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Header_and_Footer_Settings

Posted · Report post

Yes, I did use that page. See below Select the "PageLines" panel, then "Settings" Select the "Header And Footer" tab [i] There is not a "Header And Footer" tab in the version I'm using. There is a "Header and Nav" tab and a "Footer Opyions" tab, and neither tab appears have an option to "Hide Search Field". Please advise.[/i] Click "Hide search field?" Click "Save Options"

Posted · Report post

You're using the free version and unfortunately, some things are different or missing for that one. You're correct, the tab label is different (as I'm learning) and there's no option for removing the search field. Unfortunately, the free version also comes with very limited support. If you'd like all the bells and whistles (and there are many in the pro version) I'd suggest purchasing the Pro or Developer editions.

Posted · Report post

I do not want to purchase another edition at this time. I simply want a solution to remove the search box. Removing the search box should not be this complicated. Can you please provide a solution to remove the search box from this version?

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, support is limited for the free version. The solution you're seeking is available only in the paid version. In the free version, you're free to use CSS to do various things, though customization is unsupported.

Posted · Report post

gtoolan, add the following CSS by going to the WordPress Dashboard => PageLines => Settings => Custom Code => Custom CSS: section#nav form.searchform {display: none;}

Posted · Report post

Thank you.