How to remove the searchbox?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gtoolan

gtoolan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Cannot figure out how to remove the searchbox. The docs section has an explanation but it doesn't work for my version of the software. Could not find answers in the forum. Please advise.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Did you use this page in our docs? http://www.pagelines...Footer_Settings

#3 gtoolan

gtoolan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yes, I did use that page. See below

Select the "PageLines" panel, then "Settings"
Select the "Header And Footer" tab
There is not a "Header And Footer" tab in the version I'm using. There is a "Header and Nav" tab and a "Footer Opyions" tab, and neither tab appears have an option to "Hide Search Field". Please advise.
Click "Hide search field?"
Click "Save Options"

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

You're using the free version and unfortunately, some things are different or missing for that one. You're correct, the tab label is different (as I'm learning) and there's no option for removing the search field. Unfortunately, the free version also comes with very limited support. If you'd like all the bells and whistles (and there are many in the pro version) I'd suggest purchasing the Pro or Developer editions.

#5 gtoolan

gtoolan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I do not want to purchase another edition at this time. I simply want a solution to remove the search box. Removing the search box should not be this complicated. Can you please provide a solution to remove the search box from this version?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, support is limited for the free version. The solution you're seeking is available only in the paid version. In the free version, you're free to use CSS to do various things, though customization is unsupported.

#7 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

gtoolan, add the following CSS by going to the WordPress Dashboard => PageLines => Settings => Custom Code => Custom CSS: section#nav form.searchform {display: none;}

#8 gtoolan

gtoolan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thank you.