How to move meta data below blog post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lukaspustina

lukaspustina

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi, this has been asked before, but no answer is really helpful: How can I move the meta data below the blog post. I do use the customize plugin, but I don't know how to implement this. Thanks in advance, Lukas

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

If you don't have it already, you'll need the ContentBox section available through Dashboard > PageLines > Store Then, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blogs And Posts and copy the meta data found under "Configure Full Width Metabar" then, with it in your clipboard (copied), replace it with a space (press the Spacebar) and Save your settings. Now, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and click in the Content Area. Scroll down a bit and select "Blog Post". Scroll a bit more. Drag the ContentBox to the Active Sections and place it under the PostLoop, but over the Sharebar. Now, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Meta > Default Settings and select ContentBox. In the first line under "Content Box Class" type metabar Then, under Content Box Content, please paste the metabar information. Save your settings. Now view your posts. There will be a small gap between the title and the content caused by the blank space you added earlier. However, your meta data will now be at the bottom of the post, as requested.

#3 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I d like to try to do it also, but i do not have ContentBox on my blog post page, under Available / Disabled Sections list. Any idea why?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Have you checked the other Store tabs? Like the "Free" or "Featured" tabs?

#5 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

thanks. it was not explained before. got it.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Happy to hear you found the ContentBox section.

#7 andreia24

andreia24

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

I got it to show on blog posts page, but not on blog page... it simply does not show

check it out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

any help?

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

The Blog template is a 'special page' template.  Presuming you have ContentBox installed and activated in

In Content Area, if you add the ContentBox option under Available Sections to the Active Sections, you then go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options. Select Blog Page and then the ContentBox tab, you may enter the text you wish to add right there, and just replace the class with some unique term like mycontentblock1.

This class is only used if you want to apply custom styling to the ContentBox.

#9 caiDOTio

caiDOTio

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

The steps necessary to bring the meta data below the blog post appear to have changed with the advent of PageLines 2.4xx and the Pro Plus subscription.

Now, there is the "Clip Metabar" Pro feature, which conflicts with the recommended settings prescribed above. That is, it does not appear to be possible to only show the meta data in the blog post itself. Hiding the meta data from the featured blog entries on the main blog page does not hide it from the older Excerpt blog posts below. Hiding the meta data in the older Excerpt blog posts on the main blog page brings the full meta data into view on the Featured blog posts.

Any way to remove the meta data completely from the main blog posts page and only show it at the bottom of each blog post?

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hi there, yes using css and the .blog class you can hide the metabar from the blog posts page, yet have it display on each single post.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content