Photo

Change Default Font Size throughout site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 synergem

synergem

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

How do I change the standard font used throughout my site..? I suspect I may I have to add some CSS code (I am not a promgrammer, so try to avoid CSS if I can). You can change the font used within the pagelines menu, but not the font size, am i missing something..?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

You're not missing anything. The easiest, non-CSS way to change fonts is using Dashboard > PlatformPro > Typography and selecting a different font from the one you have. There should be a decent number of options to select from there. Presently, you're using Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif as your four options. If you tried something different like Lato * G, under "Typography - Secondary Font " If you want something rather tight, small and able to give you more room, try Yanone Kaffeesatz * G. Let us know if that works.

#3 synergem

synergem

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thank you, let me give it a try..

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Let us know how it goes! And if you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

#5 mattsimpson

mattsimpson

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

I've got the same question. But I like my Helvetica at http://underoakassociates.com (just starting) - And I want to increase the overall font size for the site, to improve readability. How can I do that? I'll keep searching the forums...

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

You can select your font in the Typography settings. If you don't like any of the default font sizes, you can always overwrite them using custom CSS code.

#7 1950utacim

1950utacim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Same question again. How to change default font size?
There must be a simple way to edit font size

#8 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I agree, there has to be an easier way that editing the custom css file to have the font size cascade throughout the site?

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

HI,

Try adding this to your custom CSS:

body {
font-size: 18px
}