3 replies to this topic

#1 f451

f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationInverness Florida

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

I can't upload an image to my boxes from my macs. I have tried both firefox and safari. Cleared caches. My developer is on PC and he can upload to them. When I use the "edit box" page and try to upload using the "box image" upload I get the following error but the image goes into media lib ray. It doesn't go into the box. Iblog pro 5
What could be causing this?

function.imagecreatefromstring]: Empty string or invalid image in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 258

Warning: imageconvolution() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 753

Warning: imagefilter() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 754

Warning: imagefilter() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 755
http://www.planetste...3/Godsil643.png" alt="" />function.imagecreatefromstring]: Empty string or invalid image in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 258

Warning: imageconvolution() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 753

Warning: imagefilter() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 754

Warning: imagefilter() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/kenburner-slider/section.php on line 755
http://www.planetste...3/Godsil642.png" alt="" />

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

Very strange. You should try using the basic uploader instead of the Flash uploader in the Media > Add New setting on your Dashboard. Also, try uploading an image using Chrome.

#3 f451

f451

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationInverness Florida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I loaded chrome on another mac. Same problem. I have found a workaround but I think I may have an idea of where the problem is. In the box upload image area the URL has the following. The flash uploaded is working as it ends up in the media library but the url for the image has the following in it. I think it may be a privilege issue. When I copy the correct image url form the media library it works. "
Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Empty string or invalid image in /home/ge0des1c/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 258

http://www.planetsteward.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fs.png"

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Are you currently using an administrator account on your WordPress Dashboard?