6 replies to this topic

#1 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Can anybody please direct me to where the custom code section of the theme is stored? I had quite a few things posted in there.

The latest thing I tried to add was this
 div.comment-author {background-color: #cccccc; border-top-left-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 6px; border-top-right-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 6px;}
	div.comment-body {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}

in order to get borders around the boxes in my comment form. After I did that and saved back, the theme blew up, when I view it in word press everything is blanked out and I get a parse error when I attempt to load up the page.

#2 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Well after doing some searching, I am not the only one this has happened to. Not having done much of anything and then ALL settings lost in both the Theme Options and Feature Setup sections of the theme.

After reading more, it is apparent that this information is stored in the database. My question is how in the hell is it going wonky in the first place! There is no way to "export" my settings in the theme. I did a "restore" from within the theme, but it recovered nothing, so now I am stuck rebuilding from scratch which will take me a VERY long time.

Needless to say, I am f'ing pissed and the fact that this has happened before to others with similar output in about invalid aruments in the template feature means this has been an ongoing bug.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:inetpubwwwrootwp-contentthemesiblogproprotemplate_feature.php on line 7

Arrgggh!!

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

The foreach error happens if you have no default features set at all go to /wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_feature and click restore features.

#4 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Too late... I had a VM saved from about a week back that I brought back online and have been reconstructing from that. How does this happen? It was fine one minute, I save the aforemetioned code above and poof everything is hosed? Is there an easy way for me to export these settings out in case this happens again? I know there was in pagelines pro, but I don't see anything in iblog4 pro.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

There is a way to back up the information on your database, but there is no export option. Are you planning on re-installing iBlogPro?

#6 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

It is already fixed. Like I said, I had a VM from about a week ago. I reset both feature setup and the theme options from that. Lots of copying and pasting, but it worked out alright. It was better to go down that road than try and reconstruct the actual site content itself. I found some older posts where that happened to folks and according to Adam, it sounds like it is an issue when you have multiple admin pages open, including ones with theme options open and if you aren't careful poof. I have dozens of tabs open so it had to have been something like that. I used this opportunity to literally dump all of my settings in a text file so I have them for the future, God forbid this happen again.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Okay, I'm glad that is sorted. :)